android
Old 04-27-2008, 01:08 AM

Hi, cpchan..
I found a bug on playlist converter.
When I convert pla to m3u8 with 2-byte language like Korean, the converter didn't work correctly. It works only 1-byte language.
Is it correctable problem?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-27-2008, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBMongoos View Post
Charles....

How can I get jpg images to be viewed. I've heard that with other Rockbox versions that you simply select the image but when I do that nothing happens.

What details can you provide to properly use a Playlist I would create in MM. I'm using the M3u format but not clear if it matters where I store it on the Sansa and then the proper way to navigate to the file and load it.

I plan to get to videos in the near future as I have several. Any thoughts here would be great also. I have various formats that will probably need to be converted. Is a plugin needed to play videos in your version?

I appreciate your help and I imagine your busy. Your version has worked much better for me than two other popular one I have tried but I still have some much needed info.
If you installed the plugins as instructed on the first post in this thread, you just select a jpeg image and it will view it. cpchan build comes with mpegplayer, follow the instructions on the rockbox page for mpegplayer to install winff with the presets to convert your vids easily and properly. Read the previous messages posted here in the last week or so if your mpegplayer freezes or has scrambled fonts.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by isanggon View Post
Hi, cpchan..
I found a bug on playlist converter.
When I convert pla to m3u8 with 2-byte language like Korean, the converter didn't work correctly. It works only 1-byte language.
Is it correctable problem?
I will take a look at it when I get my e200 back.

Charles

Old 04-30-2008, 01:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uter View Post
ITotally calm dude, was just wondering where everyone went to after all those posts recently . Thought your sansa might have died and you bailed on the entire project. Keep up the good work, and sorry if I was pestering you.
No, this project is not dead. I loaned my e200 out to some one going on a trip. I should have it back by the end of the week to do an update (I do not release code that have not been tested on my player). And yes, my builds are not updated as often anymore since Rockbox is working well on the e200 and I do have other projects.

Charles

Old 04-30-2008, 06:50 PM

Thank you cpchan.
I tested again and found convert pla to m3u8 was working right. m3u8 to pla was not correctly worked. In this case, all of the 2-byte character converted only ㄱㄱㄱㄱㄱ, so original firmware didn't load 2-byte character playlist.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
If you installed the plugins as instructed on the first post in this thread, you just select a jpeg image and it will view it. cpchan build comes with mpegplayer, follow the instructions on the rockbox page for mpegplayer to install winff with the presets to convert your vids easily and properly. Read the previous messages posted here in the last week or so if your mpegplayer freezes or has scrambled fonts.
I've been told I do not need a plugin for viewings images. Apparently this is incorrect?

Also, when I create .m3u playlists and put them in the playlists folder and I cannot find them to load them. I realize I can use the builder in Rockbox but I prefer to use MM right now. I end up putting the .m3u file in the Photos directory and I can see the file and load it there. Seems odd it won't work in the Playlist directory.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Rockbox Developer

You need the JPEG Viewer plugin for jpg pictures. Fortunately, it comes with every build.

For the playlists, you need to make them rockbox compatible. I assume MM does something like L:\MUSIC\song.mp3, while rockbox needs /MUSIC/song.mp3. Try to open such a playlist in your favorite text editor (which is - I hope - not Notepad, btw) and read it.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugel View Post
You need the JPEG Viewer plugin for jpg pictures. Fortunately, it comes with every build.

For the playlists, you need to make them rockbox compatible. I assume MM does something like L:\MUSIC\song.mp3, while rockbox needs /MUSIC/song.mp3. Try to open such a playlist in your favorite text editor (which is - I hope - not Notepad, btw) and read it.
If the JPEG viewer plugin is already with the install then why won't it display photos when I select them? Am I missing something here?

I can load a playlist and get it to work. BUT, I dump it into the playlist folder provided in the CPChan version (rockbox\playlists) but when I go into this folder I do not see the list even though I placed it their. If I put it in the Photos folder I can see it and run it fine. Makes no sense.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBMongoos View Post
If the JPEG viewer plugin is already with the install then why won't it display photos when I select them?
Can you give us one of this jpg files that don't work on your rockbox? Maybe this isn't problem with Rockbox but with somekind file compresion?
I also have some jpg files that don't work...

Old 05-02-2008, 09:45 PM

Charles will you update your rockbox compiled build to be compatible with the latest revision of rockbox? r17307 ?

Old 05-03-2008, 01:47 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zylor View Post
Charles will you update your rockbox compiled build to be compatible with the latest revision of rockbox? r17307 ?
Yes, after I get my device back on the weekend.

Charles

Old 05-03-2008, 12:56 PM

What happened with your e200? You wrecked one, Charles?

Old 05-03-2008, 04:07 PM

Charles, don't forget, buy.com still has refurbs for only 34 bucks: http://www.buy.com/retail/usersearch...y=col&dclksa=1

Old 05-04-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricocarlos View Post
Charles, don't forget, buy.com still has refurbs for only 34 bucks: http://www.buy.com/retail/usersearch...y=col&dclksa=1

Strange thing with those refurbs. I've got two of them and they both work just like new, but interestingly one came with "REFURB" engraved into the back of the case and one didn't, one came with a wrist strap and one didn't, and they both came with a different set of Sansa earbuds. I think one came with a driver cd and one didn't. So you'll definitely get the player but everything else with it seems to be whatever they decide to throw into the box at the time of shipment .

Old 05-04-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Strange thing with those refurbs. I've got two of them and they both work just like new, but interestingly one came with "REFURB" engraved into the back of the case and one didn't, one came with a wrist strap and one didn't, and they both came with a different set of Sansa earbuds. I think one came with a driver cd and one didn't. So you'll definitely get the player but everything else with it seems to be whatever they decide to throw into the box at the time of shipment .
Are you saying these BOTH came from buy.com , or different sources?

I got a REFURBed e260 from woot.com, and an e250 from buy.com, and they both were packaged the same. With "REFURB" in big silver letters on the back.

The REFURB "engraving" is actually STICKERS, that come off quite easily with a little persuasion from a fingernail.

I don't know if these are sourced from some "official" sansa factory refurbisher, but woot typically can sell 2500 of these in a day (one-deal per day, so they're not available there often - though some would say "too often").

I also got a c240 from an ebayer with the REFURB stickers, but I imagine he got it from buy, or woot or some place similar.

My, oh my !! Are we getting off-topic, or what?

Old 05-05-2008, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_howardfine View Post
Are you saying these BOTH came from buy.com , or different sources?

I got a REFURBed e260 from woot.com, and an e250 from buy.com, and they both were packaged the same. With "REFURB" in big silver letters on the back.
I ordered both from buy.com a couple months apart, the same item number. Now that you mention woot I remembered buy.com is doing what Amazon has been doing for years and selling stuff from various places and woot is one. One of the E200s I ordered from buy.com was shipped by woot, because I had to return one of them and the replacement came from woot. The replacement had yet a third variation of the earbuds. I'm not sure where the first one was actually shipped from, but it was the same item number on buy.com (the $35 one).

Quote:
The REFURB "engraving" is actually STICKERS, that come off quite easily with a little persuasion from a fingernail.
Those are some good stickers! I just looked at it a couple times and it looked like it was embossed on there somehow. Guess I'm not the only one either, when I was looking up the item on buy.com some guy said the same thing in the comments. I've had mine in a silicone case since I got it, but I just took it out to check those stickers and they're on there like white on rice.

Quote:
My, oh my !! Are we getting off-topic, or what?
This place has been dead lately, and I'm sure someone is entertained by it.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Those are some good stickers! I just looked at it a couple times and it looked like it was embossed on there somehow. Guess I'm not the only one either, when I was looking up the item on buy.com some guy said the same thing in the comments. I've had mine in a silicone case since I got it, but I just took it out to check those stickers and they're on there like white on rice.
If you can't do it with a fingernail just use a razor or similar strong thin piece of anything. I didn't believe it when I got my first refurb, so that one has it's refurb stickers under it's Best Skin Ever, but my second one I tried a razor on and they popped off so easily it kind of made me sad my old one still have refurb stickers on it.

Quote:
This place has been dead lately, and I'm sure someone is entertained by it.
Im gonna have to agree with this

Old 05-10-2008, 07:34 AM

Cool Big problem, bigest problem, very big problem

I was install that build and:
1. I can't hear a music.

2. I can't load all fonts.

3.Who maked that keys scheme for infones???

4. I have got very idiotic language.( no offence)

Some ideas for help me?
<I love Nes games but no with this keys >

Old 05-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by szymons12 View Post
I was install that build and:
1. I can't hear a music.
How did you try to play the music? Which codec does the file uses?

Quote:
2. I can't load all fonts.
Which font are you trying to load? How did you try to load it.

Quote:
3.Who maked that keys scheme for infones???
It was from the original patch. There will be a new key map in the next version- hopefully by Monday.

Charles

Old 05-11-2008, 05:10 AM

Help

I found solution on music and language. I installed menu version of your build. And i must talk that is great build, but he has lack off nice fonts(for many themes) and compatible for some apps. Congratulation! Almost perfect build.

@Can i install application for unpacked archives like winzip, winrar or sth around.

Good job

Closed Thread