android
Old 04-16-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uter
Also I converted some movies using WinFF and they play fine but soon as I hit any button it freezes the player and I have to hold the power button for 10 seconds to restart. Is this just me or a bug?
Strange, it works fine here. Can you try it with a clean installation?

Charles
I deleted everything, installed fresh, then copied over my backed up wps, fonts, themes, icons. Now it plays fine but after I changed my font the mpegplayer font is scrambled like someone previously mentioned in this thread. I tried a bunch of fonts and can't seem to get one that displays normally in the mpegplayer. I didn't have this problem before.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uter View Post
I deleted everything, installed fresh, then copied over my backed up wps, fonts, themes, icons. Now it plays fine but after I changed my font the mpegplayer font is scrambled like someone previously mentioned in this thread. I tried a bunch of fonts and can't seem to get one that displays normally in the mpegplayer. I didn't have this problem before.
Try restarting your player after changing font and see if it works.

Charles

Old 04-16-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Try restarting your player after changing font and see if it works.

Charles
Nope, still scrambled. Whatever the default font was when I first reinstalled worked fine. Then I changed themes and the font and now it's almost as if whatever I change it to has a problem.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Nope, still scrambled. Whatever the default font was when I first reinstalled worked fine. Then I changed themes and the font and now it's almost as if whatever I change it to has a problem.
Can you wait for the next version (with updated patches) to see if it fix it for you? The problem is that no matter how hard I try, I can't reproduce this in mpegplayer. I do have the font problem you described if I change from one font to another with a big point size difference, but this is fixed by restarting the device.

Charles

Old 04-17-2008, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Can you wait for the next version (with updated patches) to see if it fix it for you? The problem is that no matter how hard I try, I can't reproduce this in mpegplayer. I do have the font problem you described if I change from one font to another with a big point size difference, but this is fixed by restarting the device.

Charles
No prob, I just don't understand why it was all working great until I updated to the march build and then the first time I try a video it froze the player. Then I reinstall and change themes/fonts and the font is scrambled. Guess next build I'll reinstall everything fresh.

I'm sure this has been covered before, but with the regular rockbox build a few months ago I had a theme loaded that had a backdrop. I then changed my backdrop via the menu to one of my own pics. I then did "clear backdrop" and I couldn't seem to get the theme's backdrop back.

When I restored your build fresh and restored my backup themes I forgot to restore the backdrops folder. I picked the Zune theme and of course no backdrop displayed. I then realized what happened and restored the backdrops folder, and the Zune theme still wouldn't display a backdrop even when I switched themes and restarted. The cabbie theme I switched to before restoring backdrops also wouldn't display a backdrop. Do the themes save a setting that tells it not to show the backdrop? Also if you do clear backdrop while a theme is loaded how do you get the backdrop back on that theme? Just reload the theme?

Old 04-18-2008, 08:51 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
No prob, I just don't understand why it was all working great until I updated to the march build and then the first time I try a video it froze the player. Then I reinstall and change themes/fonts and the font is scrambled. Guess next build I'll reinstall everything fresh.
I have no idea why a few people are having this problem, buts since I can't reproduce it, I can't fix it.

Quote:
I'm sure this has been covered before, but with the regular rockbox build a few months ago I had a theme loaded that had a backdrop. I then changed my backdrop via the menu to one of my own pics. I then did "clear backdrop" and I couldn't seem to get the theme's backdrop back.
Either manually set the backdrop again from the file browser or change to another theme and back again.

Quote:
When I restored your build fresh and restored my backup themes I forgot to restore the backdrops folder. I picked the Zune theme and of course no backdrop displayed. I then realized what happened and restored the backdrops folder, and the Zune theme still wouldn't display a backdrop even when I switched themes and restarted.
Are you saying that switching to another theme and then back to Zune does not restore the backdrop for you? If this is the case, are you sure you restore the backdrop folder to the correct place.

Quote:
Do the themes save a setting that tells it not to show the backdrop?
No, when you load a theme it just copies (or change the setting if it already exist) the settings from the theme's cfg file to config.cfg.

Quote:
Also if you do clear backdrop while a theme is loaded how do you get the backdrop back on that theme? Just reload the theme?
See above.

Charles

Old 04-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
No, when you load a theme it just copies (or change the setting if it already exist) the settings from the theme's cfg file to config.cfg.
Wrong. You can make a theme removing the backdrop by putting "backdrop:" (without argument/value).

Old 04-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugel View Post
Wrong. You can make a theme removing the backdrop by putting "backdrop:" (without argument/value).
I believe what the OP meant with his original question is that if one clears the backdrop while using a certain theme whether it saves a setting so that it won't load the backdrop next time the theme is reloaded again. Which it doesn't.

The OP have trouble getting his backdrop back.

Charles

Old 04-19-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
I believe what the OP meant with his original question is that if one clears the backdrop while using a certain theme whether it saves a setting so that it won't load the backdrop next time the theme is reloaded again. Which it doesn't.

The OP have trouble getting his backdrop back.

Charles
Well I can't reproduce it now, but that is what I was referring to. I could have sworn it wasn't loading the theme's backdrop, but today it all seems fine. Sorry for the trouble Everyone back to work!

Old 04-21-2008, 11:28 AM

I've decided to try the CPChan branch Rockbox. Seems to work a little better for me however I do not see a Resume Play option at the main menu. Still figuring out some of the details of Rockbox as it's more granular than the OF. If I navigate through the menu I cannot get back to the MP3 that's currently playing. I thought at first I could do so by hitting the power button and then it would take me back to the current song but it does not. How do I do this in the CPChan version? Oddly I find myself stuck and no way to get back accept go into Database and start over from within there.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Wlcome to my branch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBMongoos View Post
I've decided to try the CPChan branch Rockbox. Seems to work a little better for me
Thanks.

Quote:
however I do not see a Resume Play option at the main menu.
Play button.

Quote:
If I navigate through the menu I cannot get back to the MP3 that's currently playing.
Play button.

Charles

Old 04-21-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Wlcome to my branch.

Thanks.

Play button.

Play button.

Charles
LOL. Cool, no doubt I was hitting that button at first but then as I was learning my way around I forgot.

How can I get jpg images to be viewed. I've heard that with other Rockbox versions that you simply select the image but when I do that nothing happens.

What details can you provide to properly use a Playlist I would create in MM. I'm using the M3u format but not clear if it matters where I store it on the Sansa and then the proper way to navigate to the file and load it.

I plan to get to videos in the near future as I have several. Any thoughts here would be great also. I have various formats that will probably need to be converted. Is a plugin needed to play videos in your version?

Old 04-22-2008, 11:18 AM

Help

I cannot figure out how to customize the quick menu.
Quote:
cpchan_quick_menu.patch: Preliminary adaptation of the user definable " Quick Menu" patch. Instead of an extra menu item like in the original patch. The "Quick Menu" is accessed with a "Long Select" from the "Main Menu", WPS, and "Directory Browser". For first time users, please rename Please refer to ".rockbox/custom_menu.config" to learn how to add custom items.
I have looked at the custom_menu.config file and it wasn't helpful to me.
Quote:
# This this the default custom menu file.
# To load a custom menu, create the file /.rockbox/user_custom_menu.config
# Almost any setting can be added (except settings which are filenames)
# The name of the setting is the name in the .cfg file.
# A maximum of 16 settings can be added.
shuffle
repeat
show files
What does this line mean?
Quote:
# The name of the setting is the name in the .cfg file.
I searched for all .cfg files and I didn't find anything useful. Here is what I want to do. I want to remove "show files" from the quick menu, which was easy to do. I also want to add "delete file" and "same as current..." to the quick menu. I typically queue up all of the songs on my player and play them in shuffle mode. If I hear something that I want to hear more of, I would like to be able to access the quick menu and choose "same as current..." and then choose "artist" or whatever to hear more songs by that artist. If I'm listening to my shuffled list and a song starts playing that I do not want on my player, say an "intro" track, I want to be able to access the quick menu and choose to delete that song/file. What do I type into the custom_menu.config file to add those options? Is there a list somewhere on the Internet of options that can be added to the quick menu and what you need to type into the custom_menu.config file to add them?

Thanks.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:54 PM

This locks up my E250 every time: Select theme "DockPod Aqua Large AA (Red)", play a video, hold FF for a second or two. It should work fine but show a scrambled font. Stop the vid, turn off the player, power it back up, resume playback on the video, it should play until you hit a button such as holding FF, then it should freeze up the player. Hold power button for 10 secs to turn off. Power it back on and now mpegplayer should freeze every time, even if you change themes. Pick Cabbie Default theme, power down the player, power it back up and now mpegplayer works again. Now go back and pick "DockPod Aqua Large AA (Red)". mpegplayer should work fine, even during FF, until you restart the player with that theme selected. Picking many other themes by default scrambles the font in mpegplayer (AeroFlame, cabbiev2, DockPod Aqua Large AA*, etc). Seems whatever is being saved with certain themes loaded when you power down is locking up mpegplayer when you restart.

- I think mpegplayer should just have an option to always use a working font to eliminate all these issues. It doesn't make sense to use a tiny font or large font for the status bar that might be fine for the menu but mess up mpegplayer's status bar. It should be hardcoded to use one font that works and fits all the time indicators on the screen at the largest font possible, or at least have an option to do that.

- I can't get the splash screen to work, do the bitmaps have to be in a certain folder?
EDIT: Answered my own questions, backdrops and splash screens have to be in the backdrops folder or they aren't saved.

- I think the stock Sansa firmware has a feature to browse thumbnails. I copied about 200 backdrops to my backdrops folder, and they all had random filenames so I couldn't tell what was what, and I couldn't view them since there's no bmp viewer. It would be pretty slick to have a simple bmp thumbnail viewer that could show about 6 thumbnails at once or something.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:18 PM

Did everyone go on vacation? I thought at least cpchan would be interested that I finally found a way to reproduce the mpegplayer lockups.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:06 PM

To be honest, these forums are no longer as active as they once were when Rockbox just started out.

Plus, the e200 is a pretty old player now. Before people pitted the e200 directly against the iPod. Now, it's pretty outdated and there are much better players out there

Old 04-24-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere View Post
To be honest, these forums are no longer as active as they once were when Rockbox just started out.
That's true but the situation is not as bad as you see it.
Quote:
Plus, the e200 is a pretty old player now. Before people pitted the e200 directly against the iPod. Now, it's pretty outdated and there are much better players out there
IMHO, I don't think there is a better Rockboxed flash-based DAP. Altho I have a Cowon D2 (since Monday ) I don't think that the e200 is outdated. It's just a solid music player which works almost perfectly under Rockbox.
Headphones: Technics RP-HT300 | Panasonic RP-HT202|JVC HA-FX55
Sansa Rockbox Themes: KratoGlass|KratoSky|KratoJet|JetoKrat

Old 04-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Did everyone go on vacation? I thought at least cpchan would be interested that I finally found a way to reproduce the mpegplayer lockups.
Calm down. I just read your post and I have been busy. I will look in to it.

Charles

Old 04-25-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:

I'm sure there are, but not for the price. I handpicked the E250 4 months ago for the price, features, durability, versatility, and size. I instantly scratched off my list any player that couldn't be plugged in and used on any PC without special software, which eliminated ipod and zune. I also eliminated any player with a non-replaceable battery. Then factoring in the features I wanted and the price, it was clear the E200 series was the way to go. Then after discovering rockbox it was just a kickass accidental bonus. Then when I discovered cpchan's build I thought how much better can this thing get?

I've liked it so much I bought one for my niece's 16th birthday and she loves it. Her friend has a Zune and couldn't copy mp3s from another friend's PC, but my niece could with her E250, since it just plugs in and works. She's also a cpchan rockbox fan! My nephew has an ipod touch which is pretty slick, but it took me about 3-4 hours to get it working initially due to some sync error with itunes. Took me that long to update itunes, scour all the apple/ipod forums to figure out how to put the touch into some special mode so itunes could update the firmware, then do it in the right sequence. At that point I didn't give a crap what it could do when it's shackled to itunes and a pain to hack.

Quote:
Charles
Totally calm dude, was just wondering where everyone went to after all those posts recently . Thought your sansa might have died and you bailed on the entire project. Keep up the good work, and sorry if I was pestering you.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:

Charles
Charles....

How can I get jpg images to be viewed. I've heard that with other Rockbox versions that you simply select the image but when I do that nothing happens.

What details can you provide to properly use a Playlist I would create in MM. I'm using the M3u format but not clear if it matters where I store it on the Sansa and then the proper way to navigate to the file and load it.

I plan to get to videos in the near future as I have several. Any thoughts here would be great also. I have various formats that will probably need to be converted. Is a plugin needed to play videos in your version?

I appreciate your help and I imagine your busy. Your version has worked much better for me than two other popular one I have tried but I still have some much needed info.

Closed Thread