android
Old 04-12-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
This is really strange. I have no problems using the navigation bar. Does it just crash for you or is that an error message?

Charles
For me it just freezes with font acknowledge-12, a simple font change would fix it but the font comes out in squiggly lines

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimLXJ View Post
For me it just freezes with font acknowledge-12, a simple font change would fix it but the font comes out in squiggly lines
I still can't reproduce your font problem no matter how hard I try. Can you try playing something with an empty cfg file?

Charles

Old 04-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Rockbox Developer

cpchan, there was indeed a problem with the multifont patch recently, which crashed mpeg player (and few other plugins too). I fixed it in the latest version.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugel View Post
cpchan, there was indeed a problem with the multifont patch recently, which crashed mpeg player (and few other plugins too). I fixed it in the latest version.
I know. but the multifont patch in my builds is one version older than the problematic one. Also, I can't reproduce the font problems that some people are having in mpegplayer. Maybe there is a problem with that version too under some settings combo.

Charles

Old 04-12-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
I still can't reproduce your font problem no matter how hard I try. Can you try playing something with an empty cfg file?

Charles
Well, I tried playing with a empty cfg file and the font acknowledge-12 now works but that too comes out in squiggly fonts! and another problem, the option about backlight on plugin, I set it on off but it seems like it doesn't effect all plugins, only some.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimLXJ View Post
Well, I tried playing with a empty cfg file and the font acknowledge-12 now works but that too comes out in squiggly fonts! and another problem, the option about backlight on plugin, I set it on off but it seems like it doesn't effect all plugins, only some.
Well wait for the new release which I will be syncing tomorrow and see if it solves your problem. It is very hard for me to fix something that I can't reproduce.

Charles

Old 04-13-2008, 03:26 AM

Quote:
I will be doing a sync this Sunday. So if you have any requests, bug fixes, etc, now is the time to post.

Charles

It'd be nice to have the controls fixed for the NES emu, it's totally unusable and might as well not even be included the way it is now. I think not even the up/down/left/right works correctly.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uter View Post
It'd be nice to have the controls fixed for the NES emu, it's totally unusable and might as well not even be included the way it is now. I think not even the up/down/left/right works correctly.
This is planned. However, since I have no experience with the original gaming device, can you tell me what keys are on there and what each one does?

Charles

Old 04-13-2008, 08:18 PM

from left to right.

left, up, down, right, select, start, b, a

Old 04-14-2008, 06:47 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wapz View Post
from left to right.

left, up, down, right, select, start, b, a
Thanks for the info, now I have a clearer idea. I presume "Start" is to start a game. What does the B and A buttons do?

Charles

Old 04-14-2008, 06:57 AM

charles...i have a problem whereas in the newest build ..when i browse my music...its no longer scrolls the titles...towards the left... so one can read long song titles or in my case long audio book titles...is that a problem which you are familair with or am i in the minority here? In the previous builds...it has always worked, but up untill this build...it has now stopped working for me ...which is frustrating. Do you think this is something which you can remedy in your forthcoming build?

Old 04-14-2008, 07:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion19139 View Post
charles...i have a problem whereas in the newest build ..when i browse my music...its no longer scrolls the titles...towards the left... so one can read long song titles or in my case long audio book titles...is that a problem which you are familair with or am i in the minority here?
Works fine here- check your scrolling settings. You can also try a clean installation.

Charles

Old 04-14-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info, now I have a clearer idea. I presume "Start" is to start a game. What does the B and A buttons do?

Charles
jump, shoot, depends on the game!

Old 04-15-2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:
A is generally the main selector button, to select menu options etc. I would think the center button on the Sansa would be A. B is back, sometimes it is used more than other times, i would probably think it should be the rec button on the Sansa, but I really am not sure. Start is for doing things like pausing the game and stuff. Im not sure how often select is used.

Hope that helped some

Old 04-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornzfan3211 View Post
A is generally the main selector button, to select menu options etc.
If A is generally use to select things, then what is "Select" for?

Charles

Old 04-15-2008, 11:56 PM

Quote:
If A is generally use to select things, then what is "Select" for?

Charles
That is why I said if it was possible to do so, it would be cool to have the sansa wheel spin left/spin right be the NES select/start. That way they're out of the way and don't use regular buttons on the sansa that NES A and B need (since you might have to hit A or B a bunch of times in a given game). If that's not possible then the power button should probably be select, the main button should be A and the side button should be B. But then you have a problem figuring out where to put NES start....if it's possible, holding power button could be start maybe? If it's not possible to use the wheel left/right and it's not possible to hold power for NES start then I don't know if the EMU will ever work properly for the sansa.

Also I converted some movies using WinFF and they play fine but soon as I hit any button it freezes the player and I have to hold the power button for 10 seconds to restart. Is this just me or a bug?

Old 04-16-2008, 01:20 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uter View Post
That is why I said if it was possible to do so, it would be cool to have the sansa wheel spin left/spin right be the NES select/start...
Thanks, I now have enough info for a keymap.

Quote:
Also I converted some movies using WinFF and they play fine but soon as I hit any button it freezes the player and I have to hold the power button for 10 seconds to restart. Is this just me or a bug?
Strange, it works fine here. Can you try it with a clean installation?

Charles

Old 04-16-2008, 08:04 AM

It took a while, but I think I finally figured out, you can't create a bookmark unless you are in an actual playlist....correct? You can't use a database search of an artist and start playing his music and create bookmarks,....correct?

Old 04-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
It took a while, but I think I finally figured out, you can't create a bookmark unless you are in an actual playlist....correct? You can't use a database search of an artist and start playing his music and create bookmarks,....correct?
You are always playing from a playlist in Rockbox. At this point, in Rockbox's development, bookmarking only works with playlists created through the file browser.

Charles

Old 04-16-2008, 09:20 AM

Ah....cool....just tried it out....and it works that way....thanks for the info...

Closed Thread