android
Old 02-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimLXJ View Post
I just noticed something, I just installed CPChan's latest build and now I only recieve 5 measly hours
This is not normal- you should be getting between 12-15 hrs. Can you try doing a fresh installation?

Charles

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-06-2008, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
This is not normal- you should be getting between 12-15 hrs. Can you try doing a fresh installation?
Charles
I've confirmed it now, with quite high quality VBR mp3s and light usage, I got 13 hours and 43 minutes. Great work Charles. Have been a very happy user of your hard work!

[claps hands]

Old 02-08-2008, 02:34 AM

Cpchan, I used your main menu build idea and etc patch to my build that uploaded this forum. It will be deleted when that build tested well.. I'm so sorry for using your idea without your permission

Old 02-08-2008, 05:25 AM
Rockbox Developer

You actually don't need to ask, the GPL license allows you to use, change and redistribute cpchan's source. As long as you distribute your version under GPL as well!

Old 02-08-2008, 06:57 AM

Thanks, kugel.

Old 02-09-2008, 05:57 PM

Congratulation Charles , Thanks a Lot

Old 02-10-2008, 01:35 AM

device disabled patch just got committed cpchan!

Old 02-10-2008, 04:38 PM

Sweet! I'll be looking forward to trying that. My battery life is fairly decent as is, but there are days when it dies on me before I dock it for the nightly charge. Even a modest increase in battery life would be huge for me, one of the few big issues I still have vs my old Rio Carbon. The other being that the charge is much slower in Rockbox still, but as I am not helping to fix it, I'm not complaining.

It is really great to see the progress every time I swing by here, and with the current cpchan build I'm happier with it than I have ever been. Kudos to everyone who has been working on improving this and to Charles for the great build.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt130 View Post
The other being that the charge is much slower in Rockbox still, but as I am not helping to fix it, I'm not complaining.
It doesn't charge at all in rockbox unless you've added that yourself.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
It doesn't charge at all in rockbox unless you've added that yourself.
So how do you get it to charge? Open up OF?

Does the sansa charge with keylock engaged?

How does one add the charge in Rockbox ability?

Old 02-11-2008, 12:01 PM

We're obviously getting closer to real USB support, maybe this could be enabled in the next build if it already works:
http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/8562

Forgot to say that it's already in svn + a bugfix, but disabled.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin_L View Post
We're obviously getting closer to real USB support, maybe this could be enabled in the next build if it already works:
http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/8562

Forgot to say that it's already in svn + a bugfix, but disabled.
I'm going to be trying it in a short while. I'll report back on whether it's working. The IRC logs seem to indicate that it is indeed nearly ready.

EDIT: With the USB changes enabled, my Sansa crashes Windows Explorer (I'm running Vista Enterprise). This is when plugging in the device while running Rockbox. When plugging it in turned off, it still behaves as it did before, i.e., brings up the OF and connects normally. So my enthusiasm is unfounded; it ain't ready... but then no one said it was.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:03 AM

Have you tried it in XP? I have problems connecting my Sansa to my Vista machine with the OF.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I'd advise against adding the USB patch until it's committed, because if the (while rather low) chance of bugs. There was apparently one report already (while early on) that the patch managed to hose a filesystem. While the chance of having that happen again are low, I'd still be cautious about adding the patch.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjs162216 View Post
I'd advise against adding the USB patch until it's committed, because if the (while rather low) chance of bugs. There was apparently one report already (while early on) that the patch managed to hose a filesystem. While the chance of having that happen again are low, I'd still be cautious about adding the patch.
It's definitely not ready. I tried it again and got as far as having the Sansa, and my SDHC card, show up in Explorer as two drives. I even got them both to open. And it took ages to get to that point (about 20 minutes!). But then it totally crashed Windows Vista, and not just Windows Explorer. No damage to the file system.

@badboy: No, I haven't tried it in XP. I no longer have access to an XP system.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:53 PM

So I am trying to compile it myself for the first time, and thats going just fine.. but I can not for the life of me figure out what file to put #define USE_ROCKBOX_USB in.

Any help?

Old 02-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacoby View Post
So I am trying to compile it myself for the first time, and thats going just fine.. but I can not for the life of me figure out what file to put #define USE_ROCKBOX_USB in.

Any help?
firmware/export/config-e200.h

Old 02-12-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjs162216 View Post
firmware/export/config-e200.h
As I learned in IRC, it can also go in the line for extra defines in the makefile thusly:

export EXTRA_DEFINES=-DUSE_ROCKBOX_USB

However, once you've got it in there, be aware that it's not going to do a whole lot for you as currently constituted. It's still a work in progress.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:48 AM

Cool. Thanks guys.

And I realize that it doesnt do much right now, but I've always meant to try compiling myself, and this seemed as good an excuse as any.

Edit: It currently appears that the results of the usb support are the same in XP as they are in Vista. Explorer froze until I disconnected.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacoby View Post
Cool. Thanks guys.

And I realize that it doesnt do much right now, but I've always meant to try compiling myself, and this seemed as good an excuse as any.

Edit: It currently appears that the results of the usb support are the same in XP as they are in Vista. Explorer froze until I disconnected.
Some folks are claiming they've been able to do file transfers. I'm not one of them.

Closed Thread