android
Old 01-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Rockbox Developer

rockbox plays gapless by default. You probably encoded not properly.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-30-2008, 11:46 AM

Default gapless

hmmm... with november's build i was not problems...

Old 01-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Rockbox Developer

Maybe you turned Crossfade on accidentely. Try to turn that off or revert to default settings (delete .rockbox/config.cfg).

Old 01-30-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
What is the value of your "backlight time out"? It should be set to 2 sec or greater.

Charles
It's 5s. Do you have any other solutions? Tell me if you need more info, and sorry for the late reply.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:12 AM

singjies, there is a bug when brightness is set to 1. Please set it to 2 or above. I guess, that's what cpchan was about to say.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:01 AM

I cant put my custom backdrop and I used to do it in the original build.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:03 AM

I've just installed this build but the Bulgarian language doesn't work - it shows [] instead of a Cyrillic font. Can you take a look at that, cpchan?

Old 01-31-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
I've just installed this build but the Bulgarian language doesn't work - it shows [] instead of a Cyrillic font. Can you take a look at that, cpchan?
Did you try to change the default codepage in Display settings?
Try to use Cabbie theme also...this is the first theme that alow me to use Polish language without any problems (but I know this is rather "font" thing than "theme" itself)

Old 01-31-2008, 02:28 PM

Hi there!

This is my first time here.
Let's start with a question:

When i put my sansa into hold-mode, the scroll-wheel lighting stays on the whole time. Is that right? Any chance to change it? Scroll-wheel timer is set to 5 sec.

Thanks in advance,
FlowJoe

Old 01-31-2008, 02:45 PM

Yes, I set utf-8 as default codepage.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:55 PM
Rockbox Developer

Rockbox does allways use UTF-8. But that's not enough. The font must support unicode, as well as the tags need to be written with utf-8.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:31 PM

Another bug, I think. sometimes when I select a song, it will not play. If I fast forward any amount at all, it plays fine. It is like it gets stuck at 0.00 into the song. If you get past that it works. Anyone else seen this? This is only when I manually select the song, in files mode, not sure about database. It works if it is running through a play list without problems.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowJoe View Post
Hi there!

This is my first time here.
Let's start with a question:

When i put my sansa into hold-mode, the scroll-wheel lighting stays on the whole time. Is that right? Any chance to change it? Scroll-wheel timer is set to 5 sec.

Thanks in advance,
FlowJoe
Hi FlowJoe,

It posted the same issue on the previous page as well. Seems that it's commonplace then. Disable the light all together to beat the problem

Old 02-01-2008, 03:33 AM

Default playback issues

zmjb1:

I have the same issue with becoming stuck during playback near the beginning of file, & it has become fairly irritating, seems to be less with current build, but its still there. Sometimes reboot is needed to get it to play normal again.

I also have some "noise" or static sometimes during playback, & I noted on main RB page that a recent mention of the same background noise problem on E200 series as well from another individual using standard RB build.
Overall though, this build is the best I have used, Charles does a tremendous job (gratis="job"?) with it too. Three cheers!!!

I do have a question, as to what folks here use to get the best results rencoding video files for sansa E200 in an XP environment? (feel free to pm me so as not to clog up Charles' discussion with off topic fodder. I don't wish to post question elsewhere because i feel it best to ask users of the same build I am using).

calam

"Some say that "love" means never having to say you're sorry, but the truth is that real love knows when to."

Old 02-01-2008, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calam View Post
I have the same issue with becoming stuck during playback near the beginning of file, & it has become fairly irritating, seems to be less with current build, but its still there. Sometimes reboot is needed to get it to play normal again.
I had the same issue with the last customline-build (November 07) and it drove me nuts. I then did a clean reinstall (backup .rockbox, delete it and extract again) and there were no more issues.
Headphones: Technics RP-HT300 | Panasonic RP-HT202|JVC HA-FX55
Sansa Rockbox Themes: KratoGlass|KratoSky|KratoJet|JetoKrat

Old 02-01-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinR View Post
singjies, there is a bug when brightness is set to 1. Please set it to 2 or above. I guess, that's what cpchan was about to say.
Yes, it works perfectly now, thanks.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugel View Post
Rockbox does allways use UTF-8. But that's not enough. The font must support unicode, as well as the tags need to be written with utf-8.
I managed to get Cyrillic characters with unifont. I have also found a bug (08-01-31 build). When I tried to plug the cord for a charge while using the fm radio my sansa froze with the scroll wheel light on. And another thing - I opened infones and it has returned "divide by zero".

Old 02-05-2008, 01:22 PM

Default Return to WPS?

I installed this build earlier today for the first time, and I must say that I absolutely love it. I have just one question. When you are on the WPS, and you start navigating the menus, is there anyway to view the WPS again? I know on the default build of Rockbox there is an option for "Now Playing" on the main menu. Is there a way to do it using this build?

Old 02-05-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorvaan View Post
I installed this build earlier today for the first time, and I must say that I absolutely love it. I have just one question. When you are on the WPS, and you start navigating the menus, is there anyway to view the WPS again? I know on the default build of Rockbox there is an option for "Now Playing" on the main menu. Is there a way to do it using this build?
Sure can! As long as you're not in a plug-in or radio or anything, just push the PLAY/PAUSE button (also the up arrow).

Old 02-05-2008, 04:33 PM

I just noticed something, I just installed CPChan's latest build and now I only recieve 5 measly hours

Closed Thread