android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung K3 / K5

Old 07-12-2007, 05:33 PM

Utew, if the speakers were removable, it would change the nature of the K5 entirely. Why not just get another mp3 player that has features ideal for you, and separate speakers of your choice?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-13-2007, 08:54 AM

about the K3 >
I'd like to have the choice whether to enqueue the file or play it. And then being able to save the playlist might be sweet too.

And I don't see why the radio stops when I leave the Radio menu. Music doesn't.

Are we sure Samsung people come by here? or are we just peeing in a violin?

Old 07-14-2007, 12:57 PM

• Personal equalizer
  • Option to cancel fade in/out effect at beginning and end of a track and after pausing a track
  • Ultra FFWD while paused for more handy skipping through long recordings
  • Option to make playlists on the go
  • Both folder and ID3 browsing
  • Clock as screen saver
  • Continuous clock + date in top of the screen. Still don't understand why I should set a date in the settings when it's not used anywhere really..
  • Faster menu's. Flashy graphics is nice and all but I want to navigate quicker as my shadow thank u

Old 07-18-2007, 02:13 PM

option for SMALLER FONTS. The fonts are not very efficient with the screen usage. Really not..

Old 07-18-2007, 08:35 PM

if they could add a function which will allow you to pause a long podcast, go to another song and come back and have it start where you left off

Old 07-19-2007, 12:05 AM

That's called "bookmarking". The YP-T8 has this feature, which I use constantly. It only has 1GB though, and no built-in speaker. I think all Mp3 players should have bookmarks. The Creative Zen Vision M has bookmarks, and 30 gigs.

Old 07-21-2007, 09:59 PM

accelerating fast-forward.

bookmarks.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:52 AM

does someone know if a new K3 firmware release is planned anytime soon?

Old 07-23-2007, 04:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisssou View Post
does someone know if a new K3 firmware release is planned anytime soon?
Information about unreleased firmware has never been handed out by Samsung in the past, so nothing can be certain. The latest 3.05 (MTP) and 4.06 (UMS) firmware contained quite significant enhancements and additions by Samsung's standards, so I would not expect another for the K3 anytime soon. I would predict that the K5 will receive a new firmware version before the K3, but this is purely speculation.

Old 07-26-2007, 04:03 PM

a few simple things i would like added K3 software: these are mainly related to the way i use mine and are all really minor but should be easy to add.

i would like to be able to jump from listening to an album to listening to all my tracks, or all tracks by that artist or whatever. so if you were listening to random tracks and one comes on and you want to listen to the whole album you can just jump straight to that album instead of going back out to the main menu. or vice versa, your listening to an album and you decide you now want to listen to all random tracks.

i would like quicker scrolling through the full tracks list. i think a decent way of doing this would be to give you a colum where you can scroll through the alphabet. so, for example, when it the track list view you press the left arow and it shows a colum of letters, a,b,c etc and you scroll through that until you get to the letter you want.

when you 'unlock' the touchpad a little unlocked padlock icon comes on screen for a couple of seconds. during this time the controls dont work. since i usually unlock to turn the volume down urgently this is a bit annoying.

things listed by others, like three lines for song title, artist and album instead of one scrolling. are all good.

Old 07-30-2007, 06:38 PM

i still wish they offered the color of the fonts and the gui in white.

Old 08-05-2007, 01:33 PM

ELIMINATE SONG FADE-IN

Old 08-05-2007, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
  • Personal equalizer
  • Option to cancel fade in/out effect at beginning and end of a track and after pausing a track
  • Ultra FFWD while paused for more handy skipping through long recordings
  • Option to make playlists on the go
  • Both folder and ID3 browsing
  • Clock as screen saver
  • Continuous clock + date in top of the screen. Still don't understand why I should set a date in the settings when it's not used anywhere really..
  • Faster menu's. Flashy graphics is nice and all but I want to navigate quicker as my shadow thank u
The K5 has clock as screen saver, but it's an analog clock.

Old 08-09-2007, 06:24 PM

video would be nice

Old 08-10-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post

bookmarks.
I just upgraded to 4.06 and the fast-forward seems much better.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngrPaul View Post
(snip)

Meanwhile, I found if I rename DAUGHTRY to Daughtry2 and then back to Daughtry in the tags, I could get rid of the uppercase that comes automatically (changing directly to lowercase doesn't stick) and then the multiple Artist entries are gone. For REO Speedwagon, I renamed it to R.E.O. Speedwagon as the workaround.
I briefly touched upon the same problem in the HOWTO firmware thread. I believe the problem stems from how the database on the player is generated by transferring files over to the player. Specifically, MTP. A lot of players, including the iPod, the Creative ones (that require proprietary software like my old Nomad Jukebox Zen NX)... the ones I used that did not depend on any programs (iTunes, MediaStudio, Nomad Explorer, etc) ALL did a flat file listing and didn't really use ID3 info unless the song was currently playing. As I said in the thread, it seems to be an expected trade off when dealing with proprietary versus open protocols and MP3 players.

The database could be an action invisible to the user (db info generating and updating it on the player) when tracks are added via the MTP protocol... and as we've both experienced, it's a little quirky. I wonder if this is because the database only uses the first two letters of the artist's name (plus the first two letters of a track name) to refer to a track via sorting methods. Would explain the kind of behaviour we see here... I'd confirm that by checking out how files are sorted on my K3, but I've already nuked the old firmware and put the flat-file-sorting Korean version on. I'm curious about whether or not the repeated artist splits occur alphabetically by tracks.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
bookmarks.

I second the "accelerating fast forward". From what I can make of it, however, fast forward only seems to be broken for really, really long tracks... I have several DJ mixes from CD's on my player, which are about 80 minutes long each. I have to hold down fast forward or fast rewind for 8 minutes before it picks up the pace. My guess (since it doesn't take nearly as long for it to pick up and tick faster on shorter tracks) is that the firmware/software is set to fast forward/reverse more quickly once it passes 10% of the total track time. I'd much prefer the ramping of the fast foward/rewind speeds to be based on how long the button has been "pressed" down.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:39 AM

How about the k3 remembering the volume settings you have set? Currently it's always reverting back to mid-volume whenever you turn it on. Perhaps it's an intended function, probably to protect our ears or whatever, but we don't need to pay for a samsung mp3 player for it to control things that even crappy mp3 players don't.

Old 08-26-2007, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moochfuc View Post
How about the k3 remembering the volume settings you have set? Currently it's always reverting back to mid-volume whenever you turn it on. Perhaps it's an intended function, probably to protect our ears or whatever, but we don't need to pay for a samsung mp3 player for it to control things that even crappy mp3 players don't.
i dont have this problem.
it always starts with the same volume i used before turning off.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:49 PM

I don't this all will ever become available on this unit itself,
but I'll put my wish list out there.

• I liked the bookmarking suggestion, especially for Audio books.
• Calendaring of some type... showing the date with the clock or as far as showing appointments. (I know dreaming)
• I also liked the "Clock always on without the LEDs lit" idea
• Video (dreaming again)
• some type of line signal in would be nice and handy
• I'm working on a text version of my address book, but being able to handle Vcards or the like would be very cool

Some pretty big wishes, but I think it could all be done in firmware.

Heres hopin'