android
Old 05-19-2007, 12:34 PM

Question podcast compatibility question

Hi,

I'm new to MP3 players and related technologies and I was hoping to garner some advice about iRiver clix (4 GB). My chief concern is the suppleness/flexibility of the player for accessing what I'm interested in. I'm trying to decide between this and a Nano; I incline toward the clix for the voice recorder and fm tuner features, but I want to be sure it allows me similar access to the kinds of content I'm interested in. My principal interests are music, audiobooks, and news & information podcasts in both English and Spanish. So broadly, my question is essentially: how supple is this thing?

More specifically:

1. Can I use it to download podcasts from Spanish language newspapers in Mexico and Spain?

2. Can I use it to buy music or audiobooks at the iTunes store, audible.com, etc.?

3. If an audio file on the web is in a format that the player recognizes, does that mean I can download it to the clix, or are there additional technology issues/impediments I will need to consider?

Thanks in advance for any light anyone can shed.

Best,

Guy Boris

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-19-2007, 05:37 PM

Thumbs up It is always a good idea to buy a Clix (2) instead of a Nano

Hello Guyboris,

Good idea to buy a Clix (4 GB). I already have a Clix (1st generation, 4 GB) myself and I am that convinced of this device that I will buy another Clix (2nd generation) as soon as it will be available on the German market.

Of course you will take the Clix 2, since the Clix 1 does not support podcasts.

I am sure, someone with more experience with the new Clix 2 can help you with your questions regarding podcasts.

Some days ago I saw in another Clix forum a post discussing the fact that CNN is interested in delivering podcast content for the Clix. So, perhaps you should check the CNN web site for that also.

Old 07-29-2007, 06:48 PM

Aren't podcasts simply mp3s, and therefore compatible with every mp3 player?