android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung Z5

Old 07-22-2006, 01:12 AM

Default My samsung yp-z5 isnt charging please help!:confused

My Samsung Yp-Z5 wont charge at all? I plugged it into my computer and just left it Can anyone tell me why its not charging?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-22-2006, 08:17 AM

Your USB port is probably underpowered. Try a different port, or if you are using a USB hub, take it off of the hub and plug it directly into the computer.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin on liberty. This is in answer to the response taken to the recent terror plot.

Old 07-22-2006, 03:06 PM

and...how in the world do u do that?

Old 07-22-2006, 09:14 PM

Umm. Physically move the plug to a different slot on your computer........

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin on liberty. This is in answer to the response taken to the recent terror plot.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames692
My Samsung Yp-Z5 wont charge at all? I plugged it into my computer and just left it Can anyone tell me why its not charging?
can you try it on another PC?

may not necessarily be a Z5 problem?

Old 07-24-2006, 11:34 AM

Not sure about this but I dont think it will charge if the Hold switch is on. Could it be that simple? BTW, I'm new here too. Just got my 4gig Z5 last week. So far I love it. Glad I didn't succumb to the Apple crowd. Just wondering tho... will it wreck the battery if I dont deplete it before.....just kidding Camron.

Old 07-24-2006, 11:39 AM

Haha, nice. I almost got irate. Almost, but not quite. Thanks for actually reading the threads, you're one of the few.

Old 07-30-2006, 06:46 AM

Question Do USB adaptors work with the Z5?

Ive just brought a USB adaptor for my Z5 which you plug in the mains and and are supposed to be able to charge your Z5 while on vacation or what not. the z5 came up as connecting and the battery had the charging symbol on. but when i came back - dead battery - has anyone found a sucessful adaptor that seems to be working ???

Old 08-04-2006, 12:13 PM

I've the same problem, i wake up today and my Z5FA was out of power. When i try to charge it, it does nothing, so i search on all the forums but , nothing to help me. The solution is to activate the hold button and plug it, so it charge until it has enough power to start with the samsung logo.So you can start it and continu charging!!!

Old 08-04-2006, 12:32 PM

Per the Z5 manual: "If the player displays “low battery”, actual charging may start after a short period of time when you connect to your PC."

So, you just need to wait a little while.

Old 08-08-2006, 05:25 PM

Don't overcharge the player. Over 14 hours is too much and can seriously damage the device.

Old 08-08-2006, 06:19 PM
ABI Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonsalves
Don't overcharge the player. Over 14 hours is too much and can seriously damage the device.
This is not true. The Z5 and nearly all devices have electonic shut off switches to prevent batteries from being overcharged.

Old 08-09-2006, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoTen
This is not true. The Z5 and nearly all devices have electonic shut off switches to prevent batteries from being overcharged.
True, but the Samsung manual actually says that you can overcharge and damage the battery, so maybe they know they've cocked up the protection.

Quite honestly the charging for this device is a complete mess.

Any other MP3 player you just plug in and it charges.

Forums relating to this one are full of post from people with charging problems.

I've got 2:

1) The thing won't charge completely - the icon never turns green.
2) Sometimes it will lose its place when you plug it in (Forced UMS is on).

Old 08-24-2006, 01:37 PM

Unhappy

So are is anyone anywhere nearer a solution? Mine has been dead over a day now. Have changed ports etc. Tried the hold button. Nada.

Will I have to go back to my trust Shuffle?

Cara
My mind is a mind that I have come to know
And my mind can't conceive a world that cannot grow

Old 08-24-2006, 07:47 PM

I had a problem with the plug on my original Z5. I had to apply a slight pressure on the plug going into the Z5, otherwise, the Z5 wasn't "completely" recognized. I assume something wasn't making contact on the plug or inside the Z5. I'm wondering if this could be causing your Z5 not to charge?

Old 08-25-2006, 04:03 AM

same thing for me, check the post 'problems with initial install'...i had to return the z5 to the store because the z5 was never recognized by the pc because of the loosely plug ON the z5 (actually, i found out that the device was not factory sealed but re-sealed by the store after exposition).

For not perfectly beeing attached to the cable, it wouldn't even charge perfectly. after 5 hours of charging, it had only one battery tick (battery red).

With the new one, it charged in 3 hours and battery went green.

Try to press with your hands the cable on the z5, and gently pull it up or down (wait a few secs before changing position) to see if something changes...

I keep on believing that this argument should be added to the faq...

Old 05-22-2007, 03:18 PM

Location: In a house at the top of a building with a little grass patch outside in the middle of town.the end
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleyfan View Post
Not sure about this but I dont think it will charge if the Hold switch is on. Could it be that simple? BTW, I'm new here too. Just got my 4gig Z5 last week. So far I love it. Glad I didn't succumb to the Apple crowd. Just wondering tho... will it wreck the battery if I dont deplete it before.....just kidding Camron.
On the contrary, charging on hold actually helped my z5 to charge!!I was having the same problem of leaving it plugged in for ages and it not charging..I even changed the shitting battery,but I charged it today n all I did was:
-Reset the player (if the battery's dead it's probably off anyway, but just reset it to make sure)
-Activate the hold thingy..switch it on
-plug in ur player to ur pc and leave it charging..
...after it gets enough juice it will continuously show the "lock" symbol..don't switch it on for about 2 hours and i should be nearly fully charged (if not fully)
Im not 100% sure if changing the battery helped,but I was having the charging prob with the new battery til today so this should work.Oh and remember..iPods suck.They suck b**ls.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:37 PM

I had problems with charging too, but I bought a usb adaptor (originally for an iPod) and it works perfectly. I'm not saying it'll work perfectly for everyone else though, it may be a case of trial and error.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=12442

This was a post I started, might be of some use to you? A lot of topics were brought up as to why the battery doesn't charge, and some solutions.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:33 PM

I've had the same problem. My Z5 battery level was in the red and wouldn't go higher. It's been plugged into a USB hub but I left it to charge for 24 hours twice but still no joy. I've got a USB wall charger for an ipod (think they cost just over a tenner new). I'm trying that now. If it works, I'll let you know.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:33 PM

Default Fixed!

I used the ipod wall charger and it worked a treat. Topped it up no problem.