android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa e100

Old 03-14-2007, 10:42 PM

Exclamation Am I really the only person that has had problems with Audible files?

I have been having tremendous difficulty with my e130.

Pushing pause while playing an audiobook from Audible.com does not correctly save the place I am at - it actually starts up again a few seconds from where I stopped. In order to get it to restart in the right place, I found I have to power the unit down while it's playing (without pushing Pause first).

Also, it seems to have a hard time keeping tracking of where it is when I use the forward or reverse buttons (pushing them once and holding them down).

The support guy at Sandisk said he was unable to reproduce the problem. They sent me a replacement. It has the same problems, plus it sometimes restarts at the beginning of a book I was listening to previously, or even the beginning of a different one. And I can sometimes rewind 30 seconds back yet actually start at the same place I was before.

I have complained again, and they claim that no one else has ever reported these problems. They said the only thing they can do at this point is replace it with a m230. Is it possible that I am the only one in the world that has had these problems, and that I've had the same problems with more than one unit???

I'm trying to decide whether to exchange it for the m230. I would lose the primary purpose (other than Audible compatibility) that I bought it for - being able to use an SD card. What would I be gaining by going to an m230? I have to decide soon, because my warranty is almost expired.

Thanks,
Trevor

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-12-2007, 04:17 PM

They must not keep records on exactly what problems people report. I reported this one when I first got my e140. I just gave up listening to audible files on the player.