android
Old 03-14-2007, 02:18 AM
Banned

Default I finished My D2 "Review"

Click on the link in my signature. It's a podcast and it is uncensored. D2 fans might not like me much after though.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Banned

Nice podcast. I agree that the navigation sucks, but that's it's only flaw...firmware 2.41 is stable (for me) and supports ID tags. If you aren't going to use a lot of gigabites, you should get the Cowon D2, IMO. Navigating to the SD card is a pain.

But there is a little space on the bottom right corner of the main menu, I think they should add a shortcut to the SD card.

Old 03-23-2007, 05:53 AM
Banned

I have high hopes for some updates but I'm not holding my breath. If you have read all the posts about the D2 you would think it is the best player ever and it's just not. At least not yet.

Old 03-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Banned

Yeah, people didn't really post any flaws. They only said the good stuff, and ignored the crappy GUI. It's the exact same thing as iPods-it plays music, it oooooownz. Ignore the horrible iTunes software, the short battery life, the high prices, and the one and a half year battery.. I don't really get what you mean by "cowon lies" since the D2 is my first cowon player, could you please explain that to me?

PS: Mail in rebates do suck, fry's always says "59 Dollars" and on the side in small letters, "after mail in rebates"

Old 03-23-2007, 06:20 PM

I agree that people are usually reluctant to post flaws on new purchases, especially on things they want to like. But I think if you find threads about different aspects of the player and not just 'Do you like it' ones, you'll find a better representation.

I've seen complaints about lack of buttons and about the stylus/stand. There's also tons about the firmwares(although beta) at the 'phile forums.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Banned

What I meant about Cown Lies is at CES Cowon told the press that the D2 would support ID Tag browsing, high capacity SD cards, Playlists. The player shipped with none of these features and they work half ass in the beta firmwares. They also made promises about the X5 and A2 that to this day have never made good on. Even the newer F2 was supposed to support these features and to this day it is about as good as the beta firmwares on the D2. I like the D2 hardware but I think Cowon needs major help in the software department. If sound quality wasn't so important to me I would never own a Cowon.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:18 PM

So what? You buy players because of promises companies make, or based on facts and tests you did yourself? I buy what's available and not what might or might not be coming sometimes in the future... all companies promise shit that might or might not happen, Cowon's not the exception. But at least their players carter to a group of marginalized DAP users that don't want ID3 browsing, playlists, syncing or MTP crap. If you want that stuff so badly, get a player from Samsung, Creative or whatever.

Last edited by dfkt; 03-23-2007 at 07:21 PM.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
So what? You buy players because of promises companies make, or based on facts and tests you did yourself? I buy what's available and not what might or might not be coming sometimes in the future... all companies promise shit that might or might not happen, Cowon's not the exception. But at least their players carter to a group of marginalized DAP users that don't want ID3 browsing, playlists, syncing or MTP crap. If you want that stuff so badly, get a player from Samsung, Creative or whatever.
I understand what you are saying and normally I would agree. I know of no other reputable company that has promised features at launch that were never ever introduced. I can't think of a single instance of this. The problem for me personally is that there was no information out there about the D2 when I purchased it. The only information on the player I had was from Cowon directly. I wanted to get a D2 to review as quickly as I could because it was the new hot player. Now when I bought the A2 I knew full well what I was getting into for the most part. I personally don't buy these devices because I intend to keep them. I review them and report back what I find. After I am done with them unless I end up really liking the device I sell it on eBay to get the next device on the list. I have my own web site where a great deal of people have come to rely on my opinion and I enjoy giving my opinion to them. This is not a personal thing for me. Just doing my job.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Banned

Hmm, ID Tag worked for me when i got it (2.20) but it came out like this..

File name is Green Day-Dookie-She.ogg

It should show up as "She" in the D2

came out as "She.ogg"

strange, but firmware 2.41 fixes that and it IS stable

Old 03-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Banned

I am talking about ID Tag browsing not ID Tag Display. Firmware 2.20 and 2.21 did not support this at all. 2.41 implemented it but it is very buggy.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:05 PM

Hairback you keep saying cowon promised those features at ces but can you post something to back this up, the only promise i heard was there was to be a 4gb model.

Old 03-24-2007, 08:15 AM

Hairback357 and his nonsense have been removed from the forums for your convenience.

I'm not going into the details about the stuff he said, I got better things to do. That he's a troll is pretty obvious, recommending iPods to about anybody that is interested in Cowon players. (See other threads he posted in...)

And that thing he calls "podcast", these incoherent ramblings of Tourette-syndrome victims high on cough syrup, had as much content about the D2 as you could fit in three sentences...

Yes, the D2's touchscreen is annoying to operate, yes, final firmware isn't out, yes, Cowon is a small company and acts slowly - but that's no reason to spread lies about Cowon all over AnythingButiPod and iAudiophile. I bet he's getting banned on iAudiophile, too - just a matter of time.

Last edited by dfkt; 03-24-2007 at 09:03 AM.

Closed Thread