android
Old 03-13-2007, 05:26 PM

Default archos after all

i was going to replace my 30gb ipod with a creative zen w, but i just found out that the zen doesnt support the same files as an ipod video, so they recomended an archos. i love the look but the screen isnt as big as a zen, and i read the buttons are a little confusing. can someone please recommend an archos for me, cuz i need one.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Banned

What Archos modal are you refering to? All of the 04 series players have a bigger screen than a ZVM. What Zen modal are we talking about?

Old 03-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

He said Vision W. I responded to your thread in the Creative section, but in case you haven't read what I said, only the 404 has a smaller screen, the 504 & 604 have the same size screen as the Vision W (and they actually have better screens), and the 704 has a 7" screen (expensive and not very practical as a PMP, so that's probably not in the discussion anyway).

Old 03-14-2007, 12:18 AM

I wanted to buy a ZVW but after doing a lot of research I got an Archos 504 instead. I'm still very happy with it after a month. The screen is great and with the latest firmware it sounds crystal clear. It took me about 15 minutes to understand the buttons, they are very logical but because there are five on them on a row, they are a little difficult to operate blindly, either I look or I count...

Old 03-14-2007, 03:20 AM

thanks for the advice, so i take it a 604 or 504 would be a better choice since the creative zen w doesnt support the same files as the ipod.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:34 AM
Banned

Thats what I would say. The only thing that the ZVW does better than the Archos is audio quality. The ZVW also has a good FM radio and the Archos doesn't have one at all. Comparing the two players I prefer the Archos players myself.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanjon06 View Post
thanks for the advice, so i take it a 604 or 504 would be a better choice since the creative zen w doesnt support the same files as the ipod.
You know you will need the $20.00 plug-in for the archos to support the ipod files, right.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:39 PM

Not only does the archos play aac (ipod) files with the plugin, but the plugin also supports vob files...meaning you won't have to take 2+ hours to convert a dvd onto your archos like you would with the zen vision w. As far as sound quality, i've owned both a zen and an archos and i didn't notice much of a difference in sound quality, especially if you rip your songs onto your computer in high quality and then transfer to your player. When compairing screen quality...there really is no compairison! The archos has over 60 times the colors and it supports dvd quality video. Plus I love the touch screen of the archos, making it easy to navigate. Although your going to pay more for the archos, it's definately the better machine.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:25 PM

Right now I have my 604 wifi in the Archos DVR Dock ,connected to my Satalite and TV, External 250gb powered hard drive and wifi is connected to my Home network. There are not many players that can handle that is there. I can watch movies, listen to music,view pictures ect.... inside and out side of my house from the bedroom to the bathroom to the back yard to the barn (garage in the city ) and do this with out loading any data on my Archos. What do you think of that