android
Old 11-06-2013, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
No, they're not. Those can NOT be the real deal, period. Sony never distributed the MDR-EX083 except when packaged with their DAPs. Anything else is a fake. The way I think is that if they're selling known fakes I don't deal with them.

There was such a sensation when headphones like the MDR-EX85LP and MDR-EX083 headphones that come only with Sony DAPs first came out it triggered massive numbers of fakes. It got so bad that at one point Amazon refused to sell Sony headphones that weren't directly from Sony. Reputable Marketplace vendors were being fooled into buying fakes that couldn't be visually distinguished from genuine Sony headphones. The only way to distinguish the fakes was by listening to them. Even then it wasn't easy. Some of the fakes are VERY good.

Try searching using the terms "MDR-EX083 fakes" and you'll see what I mean. Unless you like buying fakes you'll do better researching some other IEMs.
Thanks for the clarification, I was wondering the same thing, I've seen massive amounts of fakes of MDR-EX082/3 on ebay. I was intrigued about the site "accessoryseek" when I was checking this thread on head-fi http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/mult...10-28-13-p-796 (Check 3B20, accessoryseek is listed in the price)

The way he reviewed them is roughly the same as the original EX082 I have, so I thought I'd ask around if the site was legit or not. Good to know it actually isn't. It's very confusing, but the ebay fakes were very easy to spot. Thanks again. Appreciate it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-08-2013, 05:17 AM

Took my DIY dock out today for some clicks.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:20 AM
Administrator

If joker got his review set from there it makes me wonder how valid his review of them is. Not saying it's inaccurate. Except for the 4.7/10 rating on the sound I agree with the review. I would rate mine more like 6/10. I do wonder if it may have been different if he had reviewed an actual bundled set.

Doing more research I see that the suspected fakes are still around. I'm seeing several that are too good to be true on Amazon now. If you're still interested I did spot these that are fulfilled by Amazon. That should mean that they come directly to Amazon from Sony. If nothing else you have the full Amazon warranty.

I wouldn't get any others I see there that aren't fulfilled by Amazon. The risk of getting fakes would be too high for me.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:21 AM

Could be that he may have gotten the fakes, that would alter his review. The MDR-EX082/083 that's been sellirng as a bulk package, that's where the problem lies. Accessoryseek claim that they have pulled them out from walkman packages but that does not ensure a valid product. Same goes for all the other sites. Sony neve made these two as standalone products just like you pointed out. These are victims of counterfeit as well as the EX85.

Yeah I've seen those fakes on amazon as well. And yeah I agree with buying products that have been fulfilled by amazon, it's a safer bet.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:06 PM

My two pairs of cans. One is super boomy the other has no boom. left are mdr-v6 right are mdr-xb300 man i miss my xb500. decent headphones but i paid less than half of what amazon is asking for them. makes me think i should try and sell on ebay or something

Last edited by mamamia88; 11-08-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Administrator

I can't tell which Sonys those are. One looks like the MDR XB 300. Is the other the MDR V6?

Old 11-08-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
I can't tell which Sonys those are. One looks like the MDR XB 300. Is the other the MDR V6?
yep i edited the original post

Old 11-10-2013, 11:17 PM

Well....have some time to waste and want to post an update of my collection I just collect since last year. Quite a few new goodies I collect since the last update collection.

Sansa Clip Zip
Capacities:4GB
Rockbox

Got this player cheap and want to have a backup once my old clip+ die (which it becoming as the clip is broken off now). As of now, I manage to Rockbox it and only using it when I am charging my old clip+. One day, this will become my main music player but that will be a while as my old clip+ is still soldiering on.

Creative ZEN Vision:M
Capacities:30gb

Saw this on a craigslist and the owner want to sell it for $25 or he will throw it out. Well, I took this off from the original owner and still wondering what I can use it as of now. I might turn this as a main music player system which will be dock with a speaker to play my music at home. Still, love this player and always have a soft spot for Creative as it was kinda my 1st major brand music player company I buy my 1st mp3 player.

Cowon R7
Capacities:16gb

This was something I never expect to see here. Saw this on another craigslist for $45 (which is low for Cowon product). Found out the reason it was dirt cheap is because the person who is selling it cannot bypass the password for this player and its missing the odd usb cable for it. Manage to get one and bypass the password once I found out you can flash the original firmware. Now, it become my main video player for home and also some graphic novel. Very good player but see some issue with it. Might consider to buy a Cowon product.....if they can lower the price a bit for it.

Sony VGN-U71P
Capacities:30gb

I did post this here before but want to re post this again. One of my UMPC gems and I gotta say, its a fine computer and it's worth the cost I pay for it. Use it once a while for basic work and the battery (two of them) still hold it's charge even though I try not to use them too often. Still looking for a dock for this system as mine don't have one . Might want day have to sell it but as of now, going to take care of it till then.

OQO Model 02
Capacities:60gb

Before you tell me, didn't you post this before? I did post my original OQO before but that was dead because of bad motherboard. This is my 2nd OQO and it's a working version as you can see on the picture. Pay quite a bit for it and just got it last week. Unfortunately, the battery for this one is dead and so is my one on the original one. Kinda piss about it but as of now, it's becoming harder to find any working batteries for them. For now, I am just going to put this UMPC away and try to clean it (both outside and inside). This UMPC is something you seldom see in the wild and it's one of those system that become well known because of the design at that time.

Samsung Q1b
Capacities:40gb

Another UMPC I just got few week ago and didn't have the time to test it completely. Everything look fine and was considering to upgrade the ram from 512mb to 1gb but only can find them online at ebay. This is mostly to make it run a bit faster. This will eventually become my work portable computer during when I need to check inventory at our location. Will need to do some testing before I can start using it.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:09 PM

Love your dedication to ABi stuff, the UMPCs are pretty rare these days!

Got my set of JVC HA-S400s! Loving them straight out of the box, I thought they'll have boomy bass like the XX series but boy was I wrong, they have good mids which I love.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:54 AM

Just finished the review of the R3 on the site with tons of reviews ft pretty pretty shiny shiny pictures due out before christmas.

John blade you just posted three devices that were my holy grails at the time..... i though they were going to change the world (the sony, oqo, and samsung) Had totally forgot about them even though i had spent multiple hours of my life researching them. Blast from the past.

Or like Stozz-Audio on facebook for updates of when new reviews come out and ex review sample giveawayshttps://www.facebook.com/StozzAudio

Old 11-19-2013, 11:01 AM
Samsung Moderator

Just got a rare Voice Recorder YP-VP2. It's the latest one released by Samsung in 2011 in a few countries only (mainly Korea, China and Russia)

It was the most high-tech on the market, closer to a MP3 player than to a usual boring Sony/Philips/Olympus voice recorder.
Indeed, it features a 1.1" color CSTN LCD screen 128x128 (better than Clip Zip's 96x96 ), a typical Samsung UI, FM tuner, microSD slot, speaker, SoundAlive effects and album art display.

Only a few points make it different from a usual Samsung player: Only MP3, WMA and WAV supported (no OGG/FLAC/AAC support), no tags navigation/support and no playlists support.

Of course the recording feature is much better here. 3 different recording modes (Music, Interview, Meeting), Noise reduction, automatic gain control, adjustable rec quality and sensitivity etc...

The price used to be around €100 for 2GB.
Mine is a pre-production sample with still beta firmware 0.67

Old 11-22-2013, 08:28 AM

AKG K550 plus Motorola Moto G and GPMAA:

Old 11-24-2013, 06:13 PM

Or like Stozz-Audio on facebook for updates of when new reviews come out and ex review sample giveawayshttps://www.facebook.com/StozzAudio

Old 12-01-2013, 02:13 PM

Just finished a review of these little ducks.

Beautiful stuff. Bloody hard to photo though with all that chrome.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

@SHY: Nice review of the HM9,...

Old 12-09-2013, 02:01 PM

Cheers mate. Really a nice set of headphones. To be fair how can anyone dislike Brainwavz, they're actually improving all the time and not pricing folk out. A lot of good stuff at all price ranges. Doing the delta review right now and cant really fault them for the price they can be got at. Not earths shattering but a good kick about set.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:04 PM

Bass Cannons

Old 12-09-2013, 02:05 PM

Keeping the thread alive....... even if it is an ipod

Old 12-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

iPod is no big deal,... It's all about the tunes!

Old 12-10-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
iPod is no big deal,... It's all about the tunes!
But no iTunes

Tags
audio pron, daps, images, photos, pictures