android
Old 03-14-2013, 02:41 AM

Excellent answer mate

Anyway, got this neat camera bag to store all my stuff while on the go. Fits in my jeans pocket comfortably.

The E06 and extra tips fit in the front while the Walkman gets a protective soft foam sleeve

Will get a larger bag to include all the cables and charger to store the things or to pack inside my backpack.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Samsung Moderator

My Samsung YH-J70 20GB black arrived a few time ago. I only paid 17 for it while the rare white 30GB version I bought in 2005 cost me 330 at the time!
Unfortunately it is not really good-looking, people don't take care of their devices

And my iRiver H140 40GB in very good condition just arrived today. A beautiful and amazing device

I took the opportunity to update my collection pic:

(clic to enlarge)

There are "only" 64 mp3 players on the pic while my collection list says 67. Will you be able to find the 3 missing players?

Old 03-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-21-2013, 04:16 AM

Gr8 collection you got there
:thumbup::thumbup:

MZ601 > Tapatalk HD

Old 03-21-2013, 10:05 PM

It's amazing how jealous I'm getting of XTR95's gear. Regret selling my decent gear some time ago.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko93 View Post
It's amazing how jealous I'm getting of XTR95's gear. Regret selling my decent gear some time ago.
lol. Investing in something better then, mate?

btw, lebellium, you're a legend! Now that is proper ABi

Old 03-22-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTR95 View Post
lol. Investing in something better then, mate?

Sadly not, needed money for college/booze, realising now that it was a major waste of money and miss my TF10s and M50s

Hopefully summer work will come along and I can get back the TF10s and go for some other headphones.

Savage rigs everybody!

lebellium, that is some collection.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:43 AM

I hope you get your gear back, seems like the wait is worth it.

Here's what I basically carry if I'm on the run, I sometimes leave the E06 behind if I'm not taking my SRH440s with me.

And here's the larger waterproof bag I just got to store everything, fits everything perfectly and leaves room in my backpack too.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:48 AM

4GB Clip+ (with a 32GB card) and Monster Lil' Jamz (an eBay deal-of-the-day):

I forgot my laptop at home, but luckily I was able to listen to audiobooks while I worked overnight:

Last edited by HulkSmashNow; 03-25-2013 at 02:32 AM.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:30 PM

Old 03-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You really don't like telling people what's in your pics, do you? And it's become tiring trying to guess OR Google for answers.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
You really don't like telling people what's in your pics, do you? And it's become tiring trying to guess OR Google for answers.
I guess I just like to keep the post with the photos clean of text
This is an ancient semi-open dynamic NAD from 1975. It is very likely that Fostex OEMed this headphone for NAD. In their lineup of the time, this model was the second best, behind the electrostatic Model 20E.

The most interesting thing about the Model 16 is that it has massive 59 mm drivers and that its impedance is relatively low (4-50 Ohm). Build quality is outstanding, this headphone is nearly 40 years old but looks just fine even today! Sound is neutral with emphasized bass. I'd call these warm headphones. Vocals have a little less clarity to them than what I'm used to with more modern headphones, but I don't really know why this is yet (could be an effect of recessed treble or simply of the drivers being so old). I'm thinking of modding them a little bit.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:17 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Thank you. I luv being educated about new (and old) tech. They do look fantastic.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:50 AM

Here's an Audio Technica ATH-ESW9 recabled with a Canare Starquad (not my doing, previous owner did that, rather poorly I might add - I had to fix the solder joints). The AT logos and model numbers got scratched a little bit so I removed everything with an eraser.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:17 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupitreas View Post
Here's an Audio Technica ATH-ESW9 recabled with a Canare Starquad (not my doing, previous owner did that, rather poorly I might add - I had to fix the solder joints). The AT logos and model numbers got scratched a little bit so I removed everything with an eraser.
How do they sound? They're nice looking and I've liked some other AT models.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
How do they sound? They're nice looking and I've liked some other AT models.
They are not neutral. If you like a colored sound, with enhanced bass and recessed mids and treble, these are some of the best portables around. The bass is fantastic, although I am not sure if I'd call these a bass-head headphone as it is mostly the mid-bass that is boosted, with the sub-bass rolling off at around 50-60 Hz. They are great for modern popular music like rock, pop, r'n'b, hip-hop...

The wooden enclosure works great as there is very little to no resonance that I can hear. It sounds very clear even with the recessed treble, and EQing the treble up a little bit does not harm the sound as far as I can tell, but does make them sound even clearer. The leather earpads are bigger than usual in a headphone of this size and for people with medium to small ears, they could actually be considered circumaural. Due to these pads and the wooden enclosures, they have an airy and fairly open sound for a closed headphone, the sound stage is better than most closed portables of this size that I can think of (fe. Sennheiser Amperior, Beyerdynamic DT1350, AKG K619, even bigger models like the Audio Technica ATH-M50).

All in all, I consider them to be a fun headphone with a 'hi-fi' sound signature. Their clarity and resolution is not as good as some other, similarly priced portables (my Amperior sounds way more resolving) but they make up for that with pleasant bass and decent sound stage.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:01 PM

Some nice looking equipment gents. Haven't been around forever, hope everyone is doing well.

Amp: PA2V2, Fiio E3, FiiO E7, FiiO E5, FiiO E11, FiiO E6, FiiO E10

Old 03-29-2013, 08:04 PM

Diymod 64gb with Fiio L9 into the new SMSL Sap-4s (the non dac version of the tcg uskin) with shure se215CL. Absolutely stunning and great value. All reviews at the link in my sig stozz-audio.

Or like Stozz-Audio on facebook for updates of when new reviews come out and ex review sample giveawayshttps://www.facebook.com/StozzAudio

Old 03-31-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHY View Post

Diymod 64gb with Fiio L9 into the new SMSL Sap-4s (the non dac version of the tcg uskin) with shure se215CL. Absolutely stunning and great value. All reviews at the link in my sig stozz-audio.

Lovely pictures, makes me miss my SE 215s, stupid cable.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:23 PM

Thanks marko,

I havent really had issues with the cable on them, sometimes the memory wire. Sound great out that smsl.

Review of the 215's should be posted on my site in the next few days with pairing impressions and comparisons. TBH i havent given them much ear time since i finished the review. I got sent a set of Denon ah-c300 urban ravers that I think might be one of the most underated, undiscovered phones of all time. (50 in the UK right now for these is just crazy. Initial impressions will be posted wed with the review by next week.

Link in the sig. (reviews put up mondays, initial impressions weds/thurdays) Every week.

Or like Stozz-Audio on facebook for updates of when new reviews come out and ex review sample giveawayshttps://www.facebook.com/StozzAudio

Tags
audio pron, daps, images, photos, pictures