android
Old 02-26-2007, 11:51 PM

I am more than satisfied with both my e260 and e280 Sansas. Never had any problems with either (the e260 I've had since April). I would recommend the Sansa to anyone.......

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-27-2007, 02:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roebeet View Post
- Better Linux support. Still beats the iPod hands down, already. But, it could be better.
)
What else do you think needs to improve other than BMP's for photos, no Vorbis or Flac support, and the MJPEGb for video?

Charles

Old 02-27-2007, 06:32 PM

My e260 is my first real mp3 player, love it!
Needs;
Bookmarks for audiobooks and podcasts, and some way to separate them from music files in "play all" mode... (besides putting them on an SD card)
Always show the clock.
The ability to delete files on the fly.
I don't mind the photo conversion, and I don't use Video much...
What I love;
PnP with most any PC, even works with Win 98se with the correct drivers. :-)
Replaceable battery.
Micro SD slot.
Heavy duty, 'nuf said...
Big(er) color screen.
Cool colour.
I love it!

Old 02-28-2007, 07:33 AM

Yes, I'm pretty much satisfied. I've had a couple of problems, but so far they've been pretty easy to fix.
Especially when compared to previous players I've had.
My last was a VirginMP3 player and it had serious issues.
Before that I used a Jornada Handheld, and it worked great but had size limitations and was somewhat cumbersome for mp3 player usage.
And before that was one of the first Roxio players and they stopped all service on it plus it held very few songs.
So yeah, I'm satisfied.

As far as improvements, I'ld be happy just having different formats for pics and vids. Unfortunately I don't think that's coming any time soon, so I'm cool for now.

Old 02-28-2007, 01:47 PM

This is my first mp3 player, and I am very satisfied. I've had my e250 since April (actually now my sister has it), an e260 since August (which is now my wife's), and an e260r since Thanksgiving.

Old 02-28-2007, 01:51 PM

Mostly, yes. I previously used a E130, another Sandisk MP3 player, so when I saw the E200 was comming out, I was leaning towards getting one, as I had a good experience with my other Sandisk branded MP3 player. And so far, its pretty much been smooth sailing.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by effyman View Post
This is my first mp3 player, and I am very satisfied. I've had my e250 since April (actually now my sister has it), an e260 since August (which is now my wife's), and an e260r since Thanksgiving.
You know you wouldn't have to buy so many MP3 players if you would quit giving them away!!

Sereousely though, which one did you like best? the 260 or the 260R? Just wondering, since I have been thinking of getting a larger capacity and since the R's have become available here since I got my E250 I am curious which one is better, in anyones opinion. I personally LOVE my E250, any problems I have had with it have never been sereouse and easily fixed by reading this forum. I also have a Philips GoGear but that one for some reason isn't recognized on two of the computers I store music on. It is the weirdest thing but can't seem to find anyone with any knowlege about them, like this forum. Even customer support is definately not as good as Sandisk seems to be. Most of the time I can't get anyone to even talk to me from Philips. I also owned a Nano at one point in time -- WHAT A JOKE their customer service is. The battery died (I am guessing) in the first 4 months I had it and it should have been under a warrentee but it still cost me over $50 to send it to them and have them "fix" its problems. It, in my opinion, is still a piece of junk! And talk about scratches!!!! Anyway, I am rambling....... which version of the E200 series did you like better the R or NonR version?

Old 03-01-2007, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by effyman View Post
You know you wouldn't have to buy so many MP3 players if you would quit giving them away!!

Sereousely though, which one did you like best? the 260 or the 260R? Just wondering, since I have been thinking of getting a larger capacity and since the R's have become available here since I got my E250. I am curious which one is better, in anyones opinion. I personally LOVE my E250, any problems I have had with it have never been sereouse and easily fixed by reading this forum. I also have a Philips GoGear but that one for some reason isn't recognized on two of the computers I store music on. It is the weirdest thing but can't seem to find anyone with any knowlege about them, like this forum. Even customer support is definately not as good as Sandisk seems to be. Most of the time I can't get anyone to even talk to me from Philips. I also owned a Nano at one point in time -- WHAT A JOKE their customer service is. The battery died (I am guessing) in the first 4 months I had it and it should have been under a warrentee but it still cost me over $50 to send it to them and have them "fix" its problems. It, in my opinion, is still a piece of junk! And talk about scratches!!!! Anyway, I am rambling....... which version of the E200 series did you like better the R or NonR version?

Old 03-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The NonR!! Its better than the R! whats the differences: Rhapsody Channels..-Thats It!!

My Last.fm

Old 03-01-2007, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
I give them away, so I can get a new and better one

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
Sereousely though, which one did you like best? the 260 or the 260R? ....... which version of the E200 series did you like better the R or NonR version?
Its not really a matter of liking one over the other since they are identical, it is more about liking the Rhapsody service. If you like the service, and are willing to pay $14 a month for it, then you should get the R version. It works much much better with Rhapsody To-Go than the non R version. I've put music on my wife's non-R e260 from Rhapsody To-Go, and at first it was very buggy. I was having a problem getting all of the tracks she wanted to transfer over. It took 2 or 3 weeks working with Real (non) Tech Support to get it working. And even now it still seems a little off. Some of the songs need to be re-sync'ed after a few days, when I should only need to do it every 30 days.

So, it comes down to this: do you want to use Rhapsody, or don't you?

Old 03-01-2007, 01:49 PM

Thanks for the quick answers to my R or NonR question. I have come to the conclusion if I get a larger capacity Sansa I will probably go with the NonR since I have no desire to do Subscription Music. I much prefer to Own what I listen to not just rent it. But hey, to each their own........ Effyman, do you have any other family members that you can give your current E260R to so you can upgrade to the 280? or have you converted your whole family into Sansa users already??

Old 03-01-2007, 02:15 PM

e200r version is only good if you want to subscribe to Rhapsody.

I cannot stand being roped into or married to any company especially through the hardware of an MP3 player. This is the exact same reason I did not buy an iPod. If I wanted to be tied to a certain service (any service) I would have picked-up an iPod.

The plain old e200 series is best for me. FREEDOM is what I prefer!

Old 03-01-2007, 04:16 PM

Can't help but agree with you steama.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:22 PM

I'm 50/50 as well when it comes to the e200 series. It works fine in the beginning, but after a while, some wonky problems begin to show up. Still, it's better than shelling out double the cash for an iPod.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:40 AM

I have a ZVM and I love it, but both my sisters have Sansa's. I bricked my younger sisters, whoops! But on my other sister's, I put on the Zipperer Solutions theme, and I love it. It would be a great companion for the Zen, a great flash counterpart. I love the huge community and hack-ability of it, and it's got good aftermarket support as well (they have some really cool products in the included accessory pamphlet). The MSC mode is a huge plus too. Though the scrollwheel can be a bit wobbly (my other sister's Sansa doesn't have this problem) and you have to use the extremely rare MJPEG2 .MOV format, those are my only two gripes. So I can see some areas where it's better than the ZVM, and I can see some (many!) areas where the ZVM is better. If the Sansa had a nice scrollwheel, 30GB flash, support for FLAC, and support for more video codecs, it would beat the ZVM hands down. IMHO.

Old 03-02-2007, 11:38 AM

did your younger sister accept "whoops!" as a response for bricking her Sansa??

Old 02-20-2008, 09:15 AM

Default Yep kinda dig it. 5 stars

my first mp3 player. 50bucks off of buy.com with V1 OF. till then i was an LP guy. not even CD.. LP!! i liked it a lot it works well sounds good and is small.. once i rockboxed it it really won me over. I do suggest with in the fist week to buy a screen cover and a case. i got a Kroo and a Kroo screen and its safe enough to go running or cycling with. I just snagged a 2gb card on ebay for 10bucks with ship. so that will be cool. Im now thinking time to look for a larger 30gb player. we will see.

so sum up
get a case and screen cover
better phones? i find the sansa ones are good not great.
Rockbox it
and its all good

sure hope the 4GB card comes down soon.. its only a matter of time i guess.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:38 AM

I'm VERY satisfied with my Sansa. I'm soooooooooooo satisfied with my e250, that I just purchased the e280 last night. Only reason why I bought another one was because I needed more room. I'm not a big fan of the View.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:12 PM

Very happy of my sansa, it was cheapass and works excellently. I do hate whoever made the screen, I dropped a SPOON on it and now I got a broken glass front T_T

Old 02-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Zune Moderator

I am very satiafied with the sansa, it does everything people says it does. I only wish it has a bigger screen and more space, This is why I will be moving away from the sansa line for my next mp3 player. I started with the e250 and it satisfied me for about 10 months then it got to small. So I got the e280 another great player, I am again in the position where I need more space so this tme i'm gonna step it up a notch and go for the zune 80. I am a person that wants all my music on my player not just a section of it.