android
Old 02-25-2007, 11:15 PM

THANKS to all of those who have ever answered any of my posts, no matter how dumb my questions.[/QUOTE]

LOL!!
But this is the same thing for me..
I am a noob and u all guys helped me
So.. THANK YOU!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-26-2007, 12:55 AM

I'm very satisfied with my e260. The only improvement I really want to see is bookmarking. Add bookmarks and I'll be 100% satisfied!

Old 02-26-2007, 03:15 AM

Aye - very satisifed with my e280.

Previously I've owned loads of the little <1Gb players from China - which whilst being great when you've never had anything to compare them to, are actually quite cr@p. I also used to have an iPod mini (4Gb) - which at the time was fanstastic, but I can honestly say the Sansa is far and away the best I've had. My missus has an 8Gb nano, and whilst it does look the part, the screen is way too small and the whole thing feels a bit fragile. It wouldn't last 5 minutes in my hands - I could see myself wondering how strong it actually is and gradully trying to bend it more and more until it snapped.

The Sansa on the other hand is small enough, but also weighty enough to feel nice and solid. I love the screen size and quite like the scroll wheel too. The big plus for me though is the changebale battery and the SD card slot. I have no issues with the refresh database time when I put in a 1Gb card - about 25 seconds - and I love the fact I can load the main player up with my "permanent" songs, have a SD card with gym stuff on it, another with podcasts on it etc.

The only downside to me is that a couple of times its got itself corrupted and lost songs and created bad tracks etc, resulting in a reformat. However, I always create a folder on my PC which is a direct copy of everything loaded on the Sansa, so each time I reformat I simply copy the backups back on and don't have to trawl through all my music trying to put the same ones back on.

Dave

Old 02-26-2007, 06:39 AM

Hi All.... Lurked here since buying my Sansa and thought it was time to post.

I have owned my e250r for a little over a month and am very pleased with it. My brother has a 30GB iPod and brags all the time about it. Always having trouble transfering files. I have this Sansa thats one fourth the price and it has almost the same features. Hook it up, transfer and go. Holds enough music that I will want to listen to in one day and will hold a couple movies to pass the time while I am traveling. Bought it from BestBuy.com with an online 12% off coupon, extra $20 gave me a 2 year extended warranty. I love it.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:12 AM

Add another to the extremely satisfied group.

Mine's a little over 6 months old now and the only problems I've had have been caused by me (damn you hebrew firmware!) and were relatively easy to sort out thanks to this forum. Had a Samsung yh-920 before and it was awful so I swore that flash-based was the way forward. I was right

If it lasts another 6 months I'll buy a new battery and see if it runs for another year.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:50 AM

Love my e250 after 2 months. My first "real" mp3 player.
Only time I have issues is when files are not properly tagged and that is not the player's fault.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:01 AM

i am really satisfied with my sansa, too.
the sansa has so many things that no other player have together.

the only thing i would say is bad is the long boot

Old 02-26-2007, 09:14 AM

Default Which "Best Buy?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardS-UK View Post
Just read a UK magazine review this weekend where they tested a whole load of headphones and earphones for mp3 players. The Best Buy was both the cheapest pair they tested and also the best sounding pair, the Sennheiser MX300, which beat some other brands on sound quality which were 3 times the price!

I might get some myself - they're 10 in the UK - probably about $10 in the US! They're also very robust and have passed the "ISO/IEC 9077 Rocking Chair Test", whatever that is!

Richard
Can you provide the name/model? Thanks

Old 02-26-2007, 09:17 AM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

Well i bought another player to replace my sansa and havent regretted it for a millisecond, that pretty much covers it. bad sound quality and major bugs = sansa

Old 02-26-2007, 10:17 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I have 4 Mp3's: 2 cheap ones and 2 sansa's- e130 and e250!!
the e250 is the best player ever. after 1 month it just froze me one time and thats it!!! the best player ever!!!(except the zen vision, zen vision m etc!!!)

My Last.fm

Old 02-26-2007, 10:33 AM

zen vision m is susceptible to scratches just as the iPod. I kept by Sansa in my sweatshirt pocket with keys and a few other hard objects and no scratch. "Scratch-happy" problem with the iPod and Vision M is well documented.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:45 AM

I like my Sansa. I do not love my Sansa. It has many features for the purchase price.

I do think the Sansa has many quality issues. I had to send back my first e280. It just was not functioning correctly. I think the Sansa needs some quality improvement overall.

Things I do not like are;
1) Default volume at 50% --- too loud
2) Filmsy MicroSD slot --- mine had problems
3) Filmsy earphone jack --- too many people reporting issues
4) Screens cracks too frequently --- too many people reporting issues
5) The scroll wheel concept I like, however, needs improvement
6) System noise between songs, not a big deal but should not be there.
7) Volume too loud in general. Needs to be adjusted at lower levels IMO.
8) Custom eq needs improvement or rework --- it cranks the volume
9) Owners manual is does not cover enough details. Needs much improvement
10) Firmware is just a little buggy --- I have had problems
11) Media converter must be improved
12) Long boot time with MicroSD inserted must be improved

Things I like are;
1) great capacity per dollar spent
2) MicroSD slot for expansion
3) Overall size and design are very good
4) features per dollar make Sansa the best value per feature for an MP3
5) Superb SanDisk customer service.

Would I buy one again? Maybe, maybe not. I would have to really think about it and look more closely at other options before going with Sansa again.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I really like the hardware of my e280. I like the form factor, solid feel, expansion slot and stylish looks (it really stands out in a sea of white). However, the firmware leaves a lot to be desired (I bought it fully knowing that I will replace it with Rockbox once it is ready). Here are the problems that I find with the firmware:

(1) Navigation and General Use

- Lack of directory browsing mode.

- No bookmarking capability.

- No study mode like the iRiver players.

- No Unicode support.

- Slow loading of large playlists.

- No separation between music and audio books.

(2) Audio

- The codec support is really lacking. The Portal Player chip used is fully capable of decoding AAC in hardware, so why no AAC support? I would also like to see Vorbis and Flac support.

- No sound enhancement options such as SRS WOW.

- No cross fading and gapless playback.

- No auto-eq based on genre tag.

(3) Video

- Who in their right mind thinks that MJPEG is a good codec to use in this day and age, especially for a portable where file size matters?

- The Portal Player chip used is capable of doing hardware MP4 decoding, so why no MPEG 4 support?

(4) Photos

- The Portal Player chip used is capable of displaying JPEG and it can be used for album art, so why are we using BMP's for photos?

However the firmware does work as advertised. All in all I think Sandisk is doing a good job for a relatively new player in the DAP market.

Charles

Old 02-26-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeob View Post
Can you provide the name/model? Thanks
er....Sennheiser MX300...like I said

Old 02-26-2007, 04:41 PM

Just received my e280, sound quality (esp. in the bass area) is not as good as Meizu M6, tried to fool around with the custom EQ, but brought it back to Normal after seeing no improvement.

Old 02-26-2007, 04:47 PM

Get a better pair of earbuds. My friend blast music from my sansa onto his super sound system with huge speakers and the music was fantastic. Where you output the songs can make a big difference.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testdasi View Post
Get a better pair of earbuds. My friend blast music from my sansa onto his super sound system with huge speakers and the music was fantastic. Where you output the songs can make a big difference.
I compared with both Meizu's and V-MODA earbuds, but IMHO, stick to the sound system that you enjoy, never compare with others. I'd dump mine if others turn out to be better.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by testdasi View Post
Where you output the songs can make a big difference.
Yes, this is true. The weakest link in an audio system these days is the speakers/headphones. I use a pair of px-100's and my e280 sounds quite good.

Charles

Old 02-26-2007, 10:03 PM

Add me to the list of happy people. My e260 is almost a year old now and almost perfect. The only issue I ever encountered in the battery meter (which was recalibrated and working). Sandisk has done a fairly good job wiht making the public firmware stable now, unlike they way it used to be. The nice weight makes it feel solid (which it is, even after dropping it down the stairs and stepping on it...). And the screen is good and very scratch resistant. I only with the machine was faster and the scrool wheel could change colours by a firmware setting.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:28 PM

I think the Sansa is still the best bang for the buck. Let's keep it in perspective - many of us purchased when it was on sale and it was significantly less than a Nano.

Big benefits:

- Battery. Sooner or later I'll need to replace it - I like that I can do it, myself.
- MicroSD slot. I haven't used it yet, but I know I eventually will. And interoperability to my other devices and PC's are key.
- MSC mode. Linux or Windows, My Sansa doesn't care. It's always a storage device, which is how I like it. I was never so happy to be free of my iTunes shackles.
- FM Radio. Yeah, I do use it on occasion and it's nice to have.
- Recording. I use this a LOT. Who cares if its WAV files only? It gets dumped to my PC as soon as I get home.
- Construction. It took awhile to get used to the scroll wheel and the menus. But now I wouldn't have it any other way. I like that it's thicker than a Nano.
- Sound quality. Quality is just fine, to my ears (with the right headphones, see below).

Improvements needed:

- Earbuds. These things suck, big time - I used them once, and never again. One thing about Apple is that I like their earbuds (although there are certainly better headphones out there).
- The USB cable. I should be able to use a standard USB cable. Period.
Obviously, that won't happen in it's current iteration, so I have to live with it.
- Video support. Too complicated. Partly Sansa's fault, partly that the only way to get videos on a mass scale is iTunes, tmk. But, I don't really use it that often, anyway.
- FLAC support. I knew this in advance, so not Sansa's fault. But I still want it.
- Better Linux support. Still beats the iPod hands down, already. But, it could be better.
- Gapless playback. I didn't notice how much I needed this until I started listening to concert recordings.
- JPEG support. I should be able to drag and drop my digicam files and it should "just work". I understand the issues with video, but no JPEG support is a major mistake.

Some of these complaints will hopefully be fixed with Rockbox. I hope :-)