android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2008, 06:48 AM

Default 2 Questions before I buy...

I posted a while back, after my iPod died, that I was interested in getting a D2 as it met most of the qualifications I was looking for. I have two questions though before I make the plunge:

- What firmaware version comes on the devices if you order directly from jetmall? Should I upgrade as soon as I get it?

- I see on the jetmall website that the 4GB version supports playsforsure. I am interested in using Amazon Unbox and was curious if the D2 supported unbox videos? If not, is there a firmware version I can upgrade or downgrade to so that I can use unbox formatted videos?

Any help would be appreciated. I think I will get it regardless, but this info would help. I'm in Iraq and need something that is not going to have me tethered to one PC or ecosystem and that won't die on me a month before the warranty expires. I checked the price on jetmall, but for my purpose, I think I'm gonna go to Amazon and order it with the 16GB SD Card. Gonna get it shipped home so while I am on my R&R leave I can get it set up right. Any other tips fro a new owner would be appreciated.

Be easy...

"In regione caecorum rex est luscus."
- Erasmus c.1469 - 1536

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]