android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2006, 12:55 AM

Default Try this

Not sure this will fix your problem with this player. It did help me with my creative.
Make sure you back up your system before doing this just to be safe.

1 Click Start and then Run. Type regedit and then click Ok to open the Registry Editor.

2 Click on the plus sign (+) next to My Computer to expand it. Continue to expand the following entries: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ENUM

3 Locate and click the USB category. In the menu bar, click Edit, and then Permissions.

4 Select "Everyone" on the "Group or user names" section. In the "Permissions for Everyone" section, check the "Allow" box for "Full Control" and "Read".

5 If the Everyone entry is missing from the "Group or user names", click Add and type "Everyone" into the "Enter the object names to select" dialog and click on the "OK" button. In the "Permissions for Everyone" section, check the "Allow" box for "Full Control" and "Read" (see above). (see above).

6 Click on the OK button.

This is how you back up your system:
Log on to Windows as an administrator, or as a user with administrator rights before making any changes to your system.
Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then Backup.
The Backup utility is not installed with Windows XP Home edition. For information about how to install the Backup utility for Windows XP Home Edition, please refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302894/EN-US/) HOW TO: Install Backup from the CD-ROM in Windows XP Home Edition

Click the Advanced Mode button in the Backup Utility Wizard.
Click the Backup tab, and select the check boxes for any drive, folder, or file that you want to back up, select the System State check box.
This will back up the System State data along with any other data you have selected for the current backup.

Click Start and then Run. Type regedit and then click Ok to open the Registry Editor.

I take no credit for this!! I got this off creative site for decting my mp3 player!