Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2011, 12:21 PM
WalkGood's Avatar
WalkGood WalkGood is offline
Ultra Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 12,577

3 rings on the male plug typically means it’s a TRRS connector VS a stereo TRS connector. TRRS connectors are for microphone, control button or other inline gizmos. TRRS plugs do not work properly with a TRS stereo jack if the ground contact in the jack connects to the microphone contact on the plug and I doubt that they work well with cowons, they’re made for ipods and phones that use added gizmos to the headphones/IEMs. If you can not return for a replacement the only other option is to cut and solder in a TRS which would mean dumping the inline gizmo. A good & affordable plug for that would be a Neutrik 3.5mm.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 AM.