android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon A2 / A3

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2007, 03:53 PM

Wink A2-transfer Windows Media Center Edition tv files or just get a different pmp

Hello all,
I had a Cowon A2 but I recently returned it to Amazon.com because it was defective. I really liked it except for a few things:
1. a little bulky and heavy
2. user interface was not intuitive and horrible for arranging music and photos
3. can't use WMP to transfer files from Media Center Edition pc
4. too hard to convert dvr-ms files (media center tv shows are recorded in this format) - i had to do two separate conversions for each file, and the second conversion took as long as it would to watch the show. on the other hand, i simply plugged in my windows mobile pocket pc phone edition using usb, it was recognized, and voila! in 5 minutes i transferred an hour of video to my old crappy phone using WMP. easy as pie.

My pro-A2 list
1. love the sound quality
2. fm recording rocks
3. great screen and video quality
4. like all the info shown when playing music
5. the supplied case was just too cool - access to everything without extra bulk

I don't know whether to order another cowon a2 or just go with something else. Unless i can find a better way to transfer Med. Ctr. dvrms files to my cowon I will have to go with another pmp.

So here's my question - anyone have any success using ANYTHING even WMP to convert DVR-MS files to something the cowon can use?

if not, what other device would work well for this?
I have considered the Toshiba Gigabeat S or the Microsoft Zune (love the interface on these, esp. Toshiba) Also considering Zen Vision W.

I will be using the unit to watch tv files recorded from media center and to listen to music.

Any advice will be appreciated!!!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]