Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa m200

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2007, 11:06 AM
Default Something more on restarting after the Sansa logo

After a lot of searching I found this forum and a lot of guys with the same issue as mine. After putting some corrupted mp3s on sansa m230 it locked up on updating library and there was no next time this player could run properly.
It restarts itself over and over and isn't detected by any os (I tried xp, linux and mac os x). I decided to open it and I did. What I saw was a small battery. Of course I couldn't stand removing one of it's pins to see what will happen. My wish was that it will reset something and Ill have a brand new working player but I was far from the reality. After fiddling with it I decided that this battery doesn't matter and soldered it back again.
The interesting part is that I noticed 2 pins marked as "usb". And the good thing is that they really do something. I shortened them and plugged it in the usb and I could see xp detecting it. The bad news is that its detected as "unknown device". As far as I can think when shortening these pins it cant load the firmware from the memory and goes to some kind of unknown mode. The worst thing is that this firmware updater expects a working player and doesnt detect it.
I feel I'm so close but I cant think of any other way of updating the firmware. Anything that can help will be highly appreciated. I really want my sansa back working and this issue fixed once and forever.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]