android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2013, 12:45 AM

Default Are the DX100 and AK100 Worth it?

Hey guys I am looking at buying my first 'professional' DAP. I've had iPod Classics and touches before, and now I am looking at purchasing something that doesn't require an external amplifier.

In the past, I have learned that buying the best that you can afford is usually the best way to go. So I started looking at the DX100 (HDP-R10) and I noticed that while is does produce great sound quality, the UI is kind of quirky, and hard to use, can someone voice their opinions towards the usability of the DX100?

And then there was the AK100 MK I, and I am wondering if the MK I is even worth purchasing anymore due to the release of the MK II.

And after I looked at both of these I then discovered the DX50, which is much cheaper that the two mentioned above, and has similar performance.

I guess I am just lost because I know that the DX100 is going to offer the best ampless performance, but I don't want to have to deal with the problematic UI, and I am not sure how bad it is.

Then the DX50 is just so much cheaper than the other two, is there a reason to purchases the DX100 or AK100 over the DX50?

Also, does someone know where I can look at these devices in store?

I would appreciate all the help I can get, and thank you for looking!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]