android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Pilot scroll wheel crooked?

I returned the first 8GB pilot I purchased today because the scroll wheel would bind up against the side of the front of the player when you would turn it, and was a bit of an annoyance. It looked like the wheel was not centered in the hole it's mounted in on the player (make sense?) and unfortunately every other player on the shelf looked similar, so I just got the one that looked the "best" and I am having no problems thus far. I also got shut down for using my 10% off coupon I received in the mail this past week, the rep stating that the coupon was valid to be used on "MP3 accessories only."

Has anybody else experienced this scroll wheel binding issue?

Just as an aside, I chose this over the Meizu M6 because while the Meizu has better sound quality (not very discernible when playing lossless on both players though) the firmware on the Pilot is superior in every aspect except for the EQ sound settings and its lacking the ability to be customized (e.g. background display) like the Meizu can. Playback is almost gapless on the Pilot as well; the Meizu experiences a much more noticeable delay, say 0.5 seconds or so. A little bit of messing with the Pilot EQ and is sounds just about as good as the M6.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]