android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Micro

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2009, 07:12 PM

Default Playback error. 320kbs Constant, file time wrong, wrong file size.

First thanks to this site for info regarding flash drive hacks.
In the process of seeing which are best codecs to use with the Zen, I come across this problem which I faintly remember from first weeks with my Zen:

I record long music shows off FM in FLAC with Total Recorder off my Xitel line-in to usb module on various Windows and Linux boxes.
Today in seeing if the Zen would work with 320kbs mp3, as I found FLAC did not compute, was happy to see it would play 320.

I converted FLAC to MP3 320 constant bit rate of a radio show 2 hours, 2 mins and 51 seconds long, all one file.
I used Audacity on PCLinuxOS box, with latest updates to convert FLAC to 320 constant.
It plays beautifully on the Zen Micro, but the track length shows some 15 Hours in length.

It will play perfectly, fast forward, rewind while in the 2 hour window. If I try to ff past the hour point, it gets play error. And once it locked up and I had to pull battery, do disk cleanup.

If I let it play out to end of show, it stops, and is ready to play track again.

Before I make my default to 320C, for all my compressed music, both for backup and on car players etc, I'd like to know the reason for the problem. MP3 is for my non critical music.

In general I store all my music in FLAC on my linux and windows boxes, dvd's etc. I prefer Open Source, to be re converted to wav, or any other format.

I could have sworn, reading about my Zen, at time of purchase would read ogg, but that is moot at this point.

Is there a file size limit that freaks out my Zen?
Also, I may be using an older firmware, as I like to use the record FM radio function, I also paid for and caused my choice.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]