android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2008, 03:34 PM

Default Need Recomendation - MSC DmP

About 9 months ago my iPod, which I had been given was stolen, and sought out a replacement. I ended up with the Cowon D2, which just isn't working out for me. So I am again looking for a replacement. While the D2 sounds phenomenal, the terrible user interface and the lack of m3u support means I don't use it as often as I'd like. As I run linux exclusively, I need/want an MSC player. Other features I require are: good sound; simple UI --- I primarily listen while on the train or driving, so an easily controllable UI is a must; at least 8GB of storage -- either flash or hdd storage is fine, though I like the low power usage of the flash players; full id3v2 sorting and display; m3u compatibility - I never realized how must I used it until I got the D2. Other nice features (but not necessary) would be ogg support, jpeg photo support, and FM tuner. I am hoping someone here has some insight, so I don't have to go back to the evil iTunes db -- that I hate, but which keeps me out of car crashes.

TIA -- sjk

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]