android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon J3

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2011, 02:21 PM

Default X7 and Napster To Go album art mystery

Update.

At first, I was using the Napster software to transfer Napster To Go music files (DRM, WMA) directly from Napster to the X7 (firmware 2.08). When I did this, the album art did not display on the X7.

Then, I tried using the Napster software to transfer Napster music files that were already downloaded to my computer to the X7. In this case, the album art displayed correctly on the X7.

I have no idea why the latter method works and the former does not.

UPDATE: DSperber is probably correct about imbedded art in WMA. I am not finding a ready and definitive answer online, but I now believe that when Napster To Go tracks are transferred to a portable player the album art is stored in files with the .alb file name extension. I'm apologize for any misinformation about embedded album art in WMA files. Still, I don know why the S9 displays the album art either way the files were transferred, whereas the X7 is more picky.

Regarding DSperber's idea to remove the contents of the \System\MusicDB and then rebot, I don't have a J3, so I can't try it. My X7 does not have a \System\MusicDB folder (it does have a \System\Video DB folder).

Last edited by SEG; 02-28-2011 at 08:31 PM. Reason: updated information