android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2013, 01:14 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
I think for video resolution basically doesn't matter. The average overcompressed youtube or netflix video looks to me like its a little better than DVD. I don't need a high resolution screen for that.

Reading though is another story. Text just looks incomparably worse on a tablet at 1024x600. 1280*800 is basically as low as a 7" device should go. Higher is better.

UI is in between. I can easily tell the difference between the new and old N7 by looking at icons, but it doesn't bother me.
Someone more knowledgeable than me can prolly answer this;

If u have a 16:9 aspect ratio screen that is higher than 1920x1080 resolution, then playback of a 1080p film will make absolutely NO DIFFERENCE in quality/appreciation/detail seen compared to actually playing back on a 16:9 1080p film.

At the moment we're hearing about 'Ultra HD' TV's like this one for example. Correct me if I am wrong but the only CURRENT advantage of this TV is for viewing still photographs whereby the resolution of the picture has to be higher than 1920x1080 to appreciate the difference (and 1080p picture is approximately a 2mp picture?).

Until films and tv shows are filmed higher than 1080p there is ABSOLUTELY no need to seek higher than 1080p screen for yer device IF video playback is a priority concern.
Photos on the other hand means that something like the ipad air trumps the Surface 2...

And as u say text and reading etc...

But i'm with you, I'm not fussed if I can see pixelation in the UI, I care only where it counts.