android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2007, 03:09 PM

Default SanDisk Sansa e200 vs. Cowon iAudio 6

I am looking for a durable, yet small MP3 player that WILL get alot of use. I was looking at either of these players, and your reviews helped ALOT, and were a great read. From what I gather, the I6's display is THE best, and it's audio playback is spectacular. However, it has a tendency to lag between songs etc. On the other hand, the Sansa has a creative GUI, and since it's flash memory, the GUI can keep up with your actions, and minimizes lag, but the audio playback wasn't as good as the I6's.

Several years ago, when 128MB MP3 players were still $200, I recieved a Jetaudio/Cowon/JNC iAudio4. I simply fell in love with the player, as it was small, durable, and rich in features. I could literally spend an entire day just experimenting with it. However, it quit on me one day, and stopped working altogether. I couldn't get it replaced, because the warranty was in Hong Kong, and it was past 1 year. Currently, I am using a CD player (I know, thats pretty pathetic...) paired up with Shure's E2C. However, that also quit on me (after 5 years of faithful service), since the bearings in the motor froze.

My budget is not more than $200, and am looking for a 2GB or more MP# player. Video support isn't a must, but it'd be nice to have. Of course, NO IPODS!!!! The new Sony Ericsson W810i is also nice, since I want to replace my POS ROKR, but it doesn't offer many features, when compared to a dedicated MP3 player.

Brendan

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]