android
Old 03-31-2013, 04:46 PM

Default Factory reset out of no where

Hi there guys, I haven't rooted my device and its still on the original OS since the day I got it in 2011. The strange thing was that I was using google maps one day and the player randomly turned off and kept replaying the Samsung animation over and over again until I took out the battery. It did a factory reset on its own.

I've experienced many times where the device just restarted on its own. But now all my apps are giving me an error where they can't be opened and my google accounts will not sync and update.

What should I do to fix this?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-21-2013, 01:12 AM

It's not the battery. I did a factory restore and flash using a stock ROM. Internal SD won't format even if factory reset, can't install or uninstall anything.. Not sure what to do now...

Old 05-13-2013, 02:13 PM

I've had this happening for over a year. Everything's fine...maybe nothing running at all...asleep...and then it's rebooting all by itself.

sometimes 2-3 times a day. Sometimes won't happen for a week.
Never seems to cause a problem, just odd.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:27 PM

Update: Still the same issue. It's beginning to really annoy me. sometimes it will reboot itself 2 or 3 times during a one-hour meeting...without ever hitting a single button on it at any point. Then it won't do the mystery reboot for a week.

Also, it's getting glitchy with Google Maps...slows right down and then freezes. Obviously with a wifi-only device, once you have the "directions" and "navigation" locked in (on wifi)- having to reboot the device once you're off the wifi (and on your trip)- kills all navigation...so this really stinks.

All in all, I'm feeling like this device is starting to get pretty tired.