android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2011, 12:32 PM

Just to add it's lucky I've not bought those IE8's from anywhere yet. I e-mailed Sennheiser last week about where to purchase their genuine products.

Their response was (which I only JUST got):

Quote:
Please refer to our webpage with regards to e-bay, Amazon Marketplace & Play trade, as Sennheiser UK accepts NO responsibility for this type of purchase.

Unfortunately due to the high volume of fake products preclude us from supporting this purchase route.

Sennheiser Ireland distributes to Amazon but there are only two companies via Amazon that are authorised to sell our products, they are Indigo starfish Jersey merchant and Amazon EU SARL .

A list of recommended Sennheiser Dealers is available from our webpage.

http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/icm.n...s_dealersearch

Sennheiser UK strongly recommends purchasing ONLY from authorised dealers. We even have an on line shop that you can purchased from. Please check the model you are looking for is there as not all of our products are available via our on line shop.
So if i did buy from advancedmp3players and ended up with faulty IE8's regardless of them being legit, I wouldn't be covered by warranty, and Sennheiser would give me the finger for not buying from an authorised dealer??? There's a handful of online stores out there (which I'm sure are legit) selling IE8's....

Hey just saying, but don't take it too seriously unless that's the kind of reply I end up getting from Sennheiser in my next e-mail hah

I guess right now I'm better off buying from that seller on Amazon then ey!

Well this is drifting away from 1st post seems as the SM3's are not longer a problem. Someone can edit this and thread it seperatley if they really feel the need to.

I'll post back on the reply I get back from Sennheiser.... that's if they reply.