android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players > General MP3 Player / PMP Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2013, 12:03 PM

Default I washed my S9. Can you help me decide on a new Player?

Hi guys, thanks for looking at my post. So I put my Cowon S9 through a cycle with my washing, it dried out and worked but it had broken buttons before (dropped it a couple of times) and now they click but the player doesn't respond. Even my techie wizz Dad says he doesn't think he can do anything about that.

So I've been reading through abi's reviews and forums but it's hurting my head to try and process all the pro's and con's of players. Here is my list of wants/needs, could you please help me with some recommendations?

• I live in England
  • I'm looking for between 16GB and 32GB (My music on my laptop comes to 30GB)
  • I use it mostly when walking/commuting and with a headphone jack to my crappy radio at work.
  • I'm looking to spend between 100-150pounds
  • I like a nice touch screen interface but must have the tactile buttons so I can change track/adjust volume when it sits in my pocket
  • Not too big because I keep it in my trouser/coat pocket when I'm walking.
  • Had video on my S9 but didn't really use it.
  • I really want an easy to use Playlist set up.
  • Radio
  • Wi-Fi and apps ans stuff would be a bonus but its really not essential
A couple of things that annoyed me about the Cowon S9 was that you couldn't build playlists and the albums were never in the proper numerical order. Also the UI wasn't the easiest to use, even coming from a Samsung YP-U2 (Still love this little thing ) But I loved the long battery life and the sound quality.

While I've been looking the Cowon J3 and Zune Hd look tempting. (except the latter is far too expensive for me.)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]