android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision W

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2008, 12:41 PM

Help WMP suddenly stopped converting DVR-MS to my ZVW-Creative will convert but takes 4evr

Hello all! I have had my device for approx 6 months, and I loved my ZVW until now. I use it primarily to watch tv recorded by Windows Media Center while on the go, and also to listen to music in the car.

All I need to do is select my shows in Windows Media Player and sync it. It takes a while, usually about 1/4 to 1/2 real time (15-30 min for a 60 min show).

Suddenly about a month ago I get a conversion error EVERY time I try to put a tv show on my zvw. It is recorded in DVR-MS format, and I am pulling my hair out trying to get this issue resolved.

I have tried uninstalling WMP and using version 10 and 11 to no avail. I have tried putting a show on a travel drive and using another computer to try to get WMP to convert it for me and even that didn't work.

So now my husband downloaded "Creative Video Converter" and yes, it is converting, but it is taking even longer than real time! (2 hours for a 60 minute show)

Anybody have a similar experience, or have a suggestion?

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]