android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2008, 08:52 PM
ABI Invaluable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballlvr View Post
As far as why do I still run Win2000... It hasn't given me any problems. Until now, I didn't have a need to run XP, but it's looking like I should upgrade... Now the debate, XP or Vista?
If your computer is a recent model (less than 2 years old) and has decent power, then Vista may be the better choice. Vista is much smarter than XP in terms of resource management, but its system requirements are high.

Vista has one distinct advantage in your particular circumstance: Your Vision W will work without any added software. Windows XP requires a bit of hoop-jumping to get the ZVW to work properly and can be more problematic. On the other hand, you'll encounter far fewer compatibility issues in general with XP.

As for End-Of Life issues, there are a couple of things to consider: Mainstream support for Windows XP will cease next year, though security updates will continue until EOL scheduled for 2014. By contrast, mainstream support for Windows 2000 expired nearly three years ago, and will reach EOL in 2010.

Before deciding to go with Vista, you should ensure your computer can handle it. I suggest running the Vista Update Advisors found at these links:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...deadvisor.mspx
http://pcpitstop.com/vistaready/default.asp