android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa e200 > Sansa e200 Mac & Linux

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Getting Rhapsody and Sansa e250R working under vmware (linux)

Hello All,

I was wondering if anybody could help me figure out a thing or two.

I have Ubuntu 6.10 and have installed the latest VMware Server software. On a virtual machine I have WindowsXP_Pro SP2 and Rhapsody 4.0 Build 0.893 running. Everything is working just fine.

The problem is when I try to connect my Sansa e250R. Ubuntu mounts the device immediately. VM ware can grab it for use as a USB device but in doing so the e250R goes into a disconnected state. I can't seem to get VMware to take "connected" control of the e250R device.

At one point the windows system did see the device and went through the "new USB device found" series of bubbles.

So anyway I am not sure if there is some way to get the virtual xp machine to see the device mount and take control of it.

Any help would be great. It's not a huge deal but if I can avoid having to boot directly into XP to update the music on my e250R that would be awesome.

That all said the Rhapsody branded Sansa e200 players are very nice. The custom music channels and dynamic playlists are really great.

Thanks for your time.
--Stevenkw

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]