android
Old 02-20-2007, 11:45 PM

Lightbulb Recommended Car Audio System Setup?

As the title says. I do hope I can get some advice here, especially since this is probably going to get pricey, relatively. I'd like a gradient of prices, but I don't even really know what my budget is until I get a range for this equipment. Nothing that's audiophile, but I want something that sounds much better than the average car listener is going to hear, ie stock sound and obnoxious blaring crap that I have listed below.

I have no real clue as to what I should get, what brands, what models, etc. Sans Bose, I'll just avoid it like the plague unless worthwise advised.

I do -hope- for a bluetooth 2.0 (A2DP goes along with 2.0 of course) dash player, but not sure how readily available and of what quality they are. It would be helpful if it could be removable.
A hard drive based player would be a bit much though, but something that can accept flash would be good.

I definitely don't want the farting bass from the ricers/low-riders/ghetto/DUB/etc crap. In fact, I'll try to avoid anything related to them even more so than Bose, since it's infectious and deadly like AIDs.

Something that sounds like the Vibes, fun to listen to and really brings out the individual voices and instruments, but I hope it doesn't accentuate the muddy and dirty sound of MP3s lower than 320k. I can tell the sound quality is pretty bad already on other phones, but the Vibes almost make me depressed since I like the music, but it sounds even more piss poor.

Not exactly sure if I'm going to need more than four speakers and a subwoofer, or exactly what I need.

One last thing: If possible, recommend nothing that appears too obviously ostentatious, lest I risk losing the recently invested advice...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-06-2007, 08:58 PM

first of all, rip out all your factory stereo stuff. (ANYTHING factory, just rip it out including wires)

next get a real HU, i havent seen any A2DP decks, but there are alot of USB decks.

next get a 2ch amp for your fronts. you do not need rears since music is stereo anyways. amps that are good are kicker, some RF stuff, jbl is good for the price.

get component fronts, you may need to make a kick panel yourself or get a shop to do it, respectable brands are MB quart, a/d/s, focal is a rip off,

next get a good powerful mono block amp capable of 2ohms for your subs, get 2x12" 4OHM SVC JL, Preimier, kicker solo baric, etc

and you will have a kick ass system

basically 2 component speakers for front
2 sub woofers