android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Speakers

Old 03-26-2007, 11:59 PM

Location: avondale arizona.. better then where i use to live..
Default my own audio switch.. and a poisonous cheapo speaker(warning.. BIG PICS)

as the name implies. i made my own audio switch as i said i would in the other thread like this.. started by Captain Ødegård. and i must say.. it doesnt look too good.. but it serves its perpose!! and now the pictures..

the back with two female rca for my stereo..

the cord.. yes.. i braided it.. and it came out better then i thought it would.. just kinda hard to figure out left and ground though..

the front left.. showing the switch and the longer cord..

the right front showing the switch..agian..the shorter cord.. and the female out jack.. thingy..

finally.. the guts.. yes.. most of the wires are RED..which again.. made it difficult to figure out the channels.. so a bit of testing and they work.. now to the other topic of this.. i went to family dollar(i think it was.. or someother dollar store.. it was green..) and i found these little speakers for a buck.. so why the hell not!! so i got them

as i was standing in line.. i looked on the back.. and there was a warning....... wtf?

yes.. lead poisoning.. it must happen because ITS PRINTED ON IT! so if i die.. its because of these.. but the speakers themselves.. are.. well.. great for the price.. they sound like crap.. have no bass.. but there good for the poor person or with someone who likes to blast there music loud.. hooked up to my comp i can hear these accross my room so there not bad.. distort like crazy though.. but what can i say.. there cheap as hell and ill die from them..
newest member is a Sansa Express 1GB

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-27-2007, 09:22 PM

If you die, dibbs on your Vision:M and Vibes.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:12 PM

thanks for the support!

Old 04-01-2007, 01:02 AM
Insignia Moderator

Most cables have lead in them. At least these guys were kind enough to tell you about it! But I've been handling cables with lead in them for years, and I'm not dead... yet.

Old 04-01-2007, 06:21 AM

Doesn’t that warning stem from the lead in paint and babies eating paint chips off the walls dieing, which lead the Government to require manufactures to post warnings on all products containing lead?

I don’t believe that lead in wires will make its way to your tummy…….unless you’re into that bizarre fetish know as wireoralfixation…….

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 04-01-2007, 07:11 AM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

it dont look bad at all, mine's way worse (new one, 3 audio in and 3 audio out)
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...ard/switch.jpg
Nice job

Old 04-01-2007, 10:10 AM

all i can say is.. thank you.. and i completely agree with ya! but i do need to find a hot glue gun to hold everything in place.. if you wiggle the jacks too much near the jewlry box(it was used to hold on of my moms watches..) then the bare wires move along and somehow the rubber insolation gets stuck in the switch... so I NEED A HOT GLUE GUN! i like it much more then solder..

Old 04-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

i only had jacks without and way of fastening it to the other side of the hole, so i had to use 5+ sticks of hot glue to make it stay there, otherwise it would disappear into the box when i put the male jack in :S

Old 04-05-2007, 05:27 PM

the rca plugs are just shoved in there.. but they do have a lip.. and the female jack came with a nut thing.. that goes on the outside of itslef... and just tighten that and glue the back and thats that... i went to radioshack no more then 20 mins ago and i got 2 more male jacks to redo one of my wires.. the short one.. the one going to whatever.. was like 6 inches long.. and the one going to my comp was about 3 inches too short of my liking.. so i pulled the short one out.. and replaced it with the longer one and now that i have the male ends ill make a new one about 6 feet long.. plenty long enough.. i also got "insulated-crimp quick disconnects" 8 males and 8 females..im just going to use the males for all the wires.. cause the switch i have is 6 pole.. and all the grounds just twist together.. better connections make me happy! so does my new hot glue gun.