android
Old 07-23-2006, 07:15 PM

Default CX 300 or P(M)X 100

Can anyone tell me which do they perfer? I am having trouble deciding between the two. I'll be using them bike riding(I don't want to get hit by a car), cafeteria in school(loud), at home, in the car, and maybe in an airplane.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-25-2006, 04:32 PM

Default pay attention...

i have right now the pmx 200 model and they are really good but like the pmx 100 they are not play loud enought for me (115&116db) !!! u see i exercise do bike or running with them so i have so much external noise! if u want a good headphone with really loud sound give a try to my previous headphones pmx 60 they are the loudest (122db!) they have better fit from my pmx 200 and have great sound too. only becareful! pmx60 are really loud so the persons next to you can hear your music too.

Old 07-26-2006, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire
Can anyone tell me which do they perfer? I am having trouble deciding between the two. I'll be using them bike riding(I don't want to get hit by a car), cafeteria in school(loud), at home, in the car, and maybe in an airplane.
Currently I have the CX300 and the PX100 (which I think are similar to the PMX100), and I recommend getting both if possible.

The PX100 would be good for bike riding, because you can still hear outside noise (such as the oncoming car) which makes them safer. I use them at the office, because I can still hear the phone ringing, or someone calling out to me.

I use the CX300 when I don't want to hear any background noise. I think they would work well in a noisy cafeteria. However, they are not noise cancelling, so you can still hear some (very little) background noise, but I still find them acceptable. Also, they are far less expensive than actual noise cancelling headphones. I picked these up for $50 from TigerDirect.com.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:41 PM

Thanks for the replys.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:23 PM

I'm hoping to receive my CX-300's today. As a late 20 something guy who has been in the (car) audio industry in the past, but not having experienced the headphone/earphone style of sound other than OEM phones, i will be able to provide a noobs view of the Sennheiser's when they arrive.

Old 07-31-2006, 06:26 PM

Ok, finally received the CX-300's this morning.

Observations:

* A beautifully warm, balanced sound, with the midrange very prominant in the soundstage. I understand that the buds take a few hours to "settle in" soundwise, so even at the early stage of listening now, they sound impressive.

* The midbass and bass in general was huge! I had my custom eq set to +2 @ 80hz, which i dialled back to 0 and still had plenty to spare bass wise. So they definately do not lack to lower range frequencies for the bassheads out there.

* Acoustic tracks are wonderfully precise, conveying the "unplugged" feeling of the tracks i listened to.

* A very comfortable fit (had to use the biggest bud covers to get a good seal), light feeling cord and less hassle than the oem cord to get to run down my back to my pocket. May prove to be a little short length wise, but time will tell.

Overall, at this early stage i'm glad i did the research and made this decision. The CX-300's have more than met my expectations.

Old 07-31-2006, 06:39 PM

Default Got the CX300

Got the CX300 a few days ago, everything is great except for sonudstage. Thanks for the replys everyone.