android
Old 03-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

Quote:
Capt:
You mentioned in your review that you were ripping DVDs straight to Xvid - What are you using to do that(Is it the included utilities or a third party program you bought). Just wondering what else I may need to buy with the D2, as my rip processes now require too many steps and I want to make it easier if I go with this player.

Also, have you heard of any update on the D2 supporting any SD cards bigger than 4gb yet?

I am comparing the D2 to the Clix2 coming out, and the SansaView(which is head to head to the D2 supposedly).

thanks
I use gordian knot. Maaaaany steps, you dont get good dvdrips with few steps :P
However i now just convert divx mostly, converted all 5 seasons of scrubs from divx instead of ripping from the original DVD's, much fast (converts in half the runtime, i.e 10 min for 20 min video) using the app that is included. Excellent quality even at 512kbs, which makes a ~20 min episode about 100MB

There's a beta firmware out that supports sdhc, dont know if its only 4GB yet but its 99% certain that the d2 will support 8GB sometime soon

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-07-2007, 08:35 PM

I just pre-ordered a D2, and in their manual they say that it supports SD/SDHC. Though I am not sure if the memory limit is 4G or 8GB.

I also use Ubuntu Linux, and I have to see how it performs on that platform. It would be more of a test for Ubuntu than the D2.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:21 PM

I've seen that 8GB cards can be read, as long as they are 90% or less full...seems to be a firmware bug.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:33 AM

Default DRM

Great review! This is a really fancy player. Sort of waisted on me since I don't want a video play and I have no intention of putting music on it. I want to replace my Rio Forge. I will use this for audiobooks and podcasts only. So, I need to know if this player supports WMA DRM files? I assume it bookmarks like all the other Cowon players. So, it will be perfect for Overdrive audiobooks checked out of the library if it supports DRM.

Old 03-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

I'd think so, doesnt say specific with wma anything but it does say WMA : ~256kbps, ~48khz, mono/stereo

Old 03-29-2007, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ødegård View Post
I'd think so, doesnt say specific with wma anything but it does say WMA : ~256kbps, ~48khz, mono/stereo
Thanks! I just saw a review on CNet (smackdown: Cowon D2 vs Iriver; they picked the Iriver; go figure). But, I digress. CNet claims that the player supports DRM. They don't always get things right, but I'll get the player anyway. If it doesn't work with library books, it will still be great for the MP3 audiobooks and podcasts.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:17 AM

Is this better than the Meizu M6?
Hoping to resurrect an e260 from ebay soon.

Closed Thread