android
Old 07-19-2006, 03:03 PM

Wink Adding and deleting files.

Contemplating buying the 2 gig player and was wondering if it is easy to delete and add files to the player. Do you have to reformat every time you want to, let say, delete one folder and keep the rest? Can I delete a file without having to delete the directory? Just wondering how easy it is to add and delete files. Thanks all!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-19-2006, 03:28 PM

i recently bought the 2GB cube and it is very easy to delete files. it does not mess with any other data. im very confused, however about it's folder capacity, it only allows for about 50 or so. i put on about 150 songs and it recognized all of them, but it only played about half of them. i dont know if anyone else has had this problem with their cubes, but i find it very frustrating.

Old 07-19-2006, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Anderson
i recently bought the 2GB cube and it is very easy to delete files. it does not mess with any other data. im very confused, however about it's folder capacity, it only allows for about 50 or so. i put on about 150 songs and it recognized all of them, but it only played about half of them. i dont know if anyone else has had this problem with their cubes, but i find it very frustrating.
I read somewhere that It might be due to the WAY the file had been converted... Supposedly they should all be .wma instead of mp3's. If anyone has any more information it will be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-23-2006, 06:07 PM

It should except both .mp3 and .wma formats. Will, your problem is probably because you have too many folders. On my 1GB 1500i, if you exceed the 50 folders, then the rest don't even show up. There is a firmware upgrade for more folders, and there's already another topic about it here. I had some trouble with getting it to work and gave up, but if the new features sound good, then you should try to upgrade.

Old 07-28-2006, 05:23 PM

Default How do i delete files from the cube?

could some 1 please tell me how to delete the music from the cube? do i have to do it one by one or can i do it all 1 time? HELP?