android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2015, 10:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I will just let my brain ooze all over this thread and mention things that come to mind;

- X5 had larger storage than i9+ (60gb vs 32gb?), did some files just not make it across?
- On the i9+ u can browse TWO ways, via id3 tag (Song, Album, Artist and Genre) and via Folder. Have a look for the 'missing' files in the Folder browser rather than using id3 tag, are they there? (if they are it suggests u hit a limit on the id3 tag recognizable files database...)
- Have the missing files got protection/read write evoked or sum shit like that?
- Bad files perhaps?
- Have you hit the max limit for id3 tag database recognition?
- It might be a good idea to take note of the offending tracks, delete all the tracks on the i9+ then try and add a single album that has previously before had missing tracks, are they there now?
- Not all FLAC files are created equally. Some FLAC files showed up on my i9+ but when going to play them was getting 'invalid file', this i think due to 24 bit flac vs 16bit.
- Try converting a missing file to another format, or mp3 again. This is going to sound silly but both winamp and foobar would convert files differently, and on some (other) players depending upon conversion process would either play or not, or omit weirdness things....