android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P3

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2015, 05:24 AM

Default Power button does not work after dissembling/reassembling (YP-P3JEB/XEU 16GB)

Hello everyone,

After dissembling and reassembling the YP-P3 to check the serial number on the battery, the player won't turn on when I hold down the power button.

Though for some odd reason when I connect it to my desktop or any USB wall chargers, it will turn on normally (i.e starting animation and sound followed by wallpaper loading). For the desktop, my computer recognizes it as I can access the files and for the charger I can see the charging animation on the screen.
However when I disconnect the cable it won't show the ending animation and sound which the screen will turn completely black instead.

I'm not sure what caused such problem but on the first attempt of reassembling there was a slight problem with the circuit board and the battery heating up randomly. To be more specific, as soon as I connect the battery prong into the board I can gradually feel the board heating up as well as smelling something similar to burning. I immediately took the prongs out in which I waited 10 minutes and put it back in again - this time there were no heating or burning smell.

Another point I'd like to mention is before dissembling the player I've charged the battery 100% (i.e seeing "charging complete" on the screen). However when I connect the player to the charger now it says that my battery is still charging.

Did I screwed up something during dissembling/reassembling? What are the solutions I could try?

Thank you and I appreciate your help.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]