android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2015, 06:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack4L View Post
I decided to buy this thing when it went on sale for about 100 on Amazon.fr and I have to say I'm digging it quite a bit. Basically it's everything I would want to be hooked up to a set of headphones.

I am really enjoying the benefits of AptX now, it really did take Sony to put it's best forward for it to be done right. Before it was always difficult to gauge the benefits of it with headphones that had it, but I had never used before. Even if they came with a wired mode. Even with a different AptX bluetooth adapter it was hard, because that thing hissed like a mother... cat, that was seriously annoyed with you.

For me this is making my Clip pretty redundant. It's a player with a very clean interface, well thought out functions, although I am missing my old Sony NWZ-HD5 folder/album shuffle mode! The bluetooth is also very unintrusive, you can keep the thing paired to your phone while you use the built in player and accept calls. You can also pair up to 3 devices! Wooh, finally can just use the same headphones through my entire day. They also finally added a hold switch, which was needed since the MW600.

So for my needs this thing is perfect. Not even upset about no SD card slot. It's tethered to my phone which has anywhere up to 30gb of continuously updating podcasts and my tablet which has my entire music collection of 120gb so not really complaining about storage. AptX really makes the whole "wired or the sound is terrible!" argument pretty damn moot. If you can pick up problems with it I tip my nonexistent fedora to you.

So am I right in saying that the apt-x function of the player is just for receiving sound, not sending it out? i.e. if I had no phone and just wanted to use this device to stream to bluetooth headphones, can it do that?

My main gripe with bluetooth headphones (the IEM kind) is that the stalks are way too fat. My PFE232's are extremely thin, they make for a very comfortable insertion (with triple flange tips), the BT Plantronics that I have can't really take a triple flange tip (well I forced a couple on..), but I can't get a proper insertion with them because the earbud itself is very large as are the stalks.
They all seem to suffer this issue, even the Blue Bud X's which I think are apparently the best on the market currently...

I would love to go wireless for the gym, but so far I haven't found anything that I think will do the job.