android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative

Old 02-01-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Returned defective Microphoto - Do I buy again?

Hi, all -

Need an opinion from the Very Wise Ones on this incredible site. I rec'd Microphoto for Christmas and was so jazzed.

Husband has a Zen 6MB, loves it, and it has worked perfectly since Day 1. His Zen is installed on our home system. Well, I followed the Creative instructions perfectly, suffered through the madness that is Creative Customer Support, downloaded every upgrade, rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled, installed patches, firmware - you name it, I did it....and the device was never recognized.

Finally, I got a human at Creative that actually knew her stuff, and she said that I did "amazing" work, did absolutely everything I could, followed everything they could tell me to do, and that I clearly had a defective device. They actually sent me an email confirming defective product to assist with the return to Circuit City, as I was outside of the 30 day return policy (Store took it back without question for store credit).

Here's my dilemma: I really, really want this player. I still firmly believe in the Creative family of products. But, I am gun-shy based on losing a week of my life to the pursuit of my computer trying to recognize the darn thing. One less skiled human at Creative indicated that I "couldn't" have two Zen players ever work effectively on one home computer - I find this hard to believe. Should I buy Creative again? Should I purchase a different player other than the Microphoto to avoid any inherent conflicts w/ husband's Zen?

Just looking for an opinion. I was SO sad when I had to return it!

LauraAswim
Denville, NJ

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-02-2007, 10:39 AM

It's a great little player. I have the 8gb black model.

Questions...

Are you running Windows XP, SP2 or above?
Do you and your husband have to use Creatives software?

I have a MicroPhoto, my roomate recently got the Vision:M. We basically use WMP 11, as opposed to the Creative software to manage our music on our players. I havent heard that Creative's software causes compatibiltiy issues between differenr players, but it's possible.

If you dont have to use the Creative software, and can get away with WMP 11, I would try that.