android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Player Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2014, 09:40 PM

Thanks for the response and suggestions. I wonder why I couldn't just root my 3.6 player and then use the "stock" rom/kernel (I'm still trying to figure out Roms and Kernels and which ones are compatible with each other that I can use)? Would there be a significant disadvantage to that or a good reason why I should use anything other than "stock" to get this mod to work?

I agree with you that the sound is not anything special, but the reason I brought up the DAC is because the Wolfsen does get some good reviews and is supposed to sound "better" than other popular DACs. This is what I've been told anyways. And to point out that Voodoo sound was made for the Wolfsen DAC on the 4.0 player (the same DAC the 3.6 has).

You know, actually with DSM manager it doesn't sound half bad and I've discovered that by converting my files to mp3 (320k) through itunes of all programs (instead of another mp3 converter I have), they actually sound pretty close to the clarity I get through my old ipod touch, and in some respects better. Maybe I need to explore mp3 conversion software which would use better conversion programming. I would like to test out the Viper4Android though just to see if I can get the files sounding any better.