android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2014, 08:31 PM

Lightbulb Help! Cowon C2 Firmware update 75% freeze

I never normally ask for help but now I am REALLY stuck.

I copied a lossless mac file (ALAC) onto my C2 and it bricked it immediately. (Mac files brick C2's)
I am 100% certain this is the cause as the bricking occured as a direct result of finding out if it would play it...BIG mistake.
I have followed the instructions to reflash my C2 using the "TCCTOOL" method (on iaudiophile.net forums) which seems to have the latest advice on unbricking the C2, but the problem I have is whatever firmware I load onto the device (V1.10, V1.15, V1.17) the update reaches 75% and freezes. I have noticed on several forums that people have got to this point and reached a dead end - no solutions have been offered on how to resolve this - I can't format the C2 because it isn't recognised by windows as the firmware update freezes. (I can see it in the device list as LibUSB-Win32 TCC7901) if the firmware update completed then I COULD format it, but it keeps freezing on 75% no matter which firmware I try to install.
My guess is that the ALAC file is located in a position on the C2 that crashes the firmware update before it can complete, rather that being a hardware problem, and I'm very confident of this as this whole situation was created by me trialling the ALAC file on the internal memory of the C2 for the first time...

So far no-one has been able to find a solution, and I'm sure there are a few people out there with this issue which is ****ing annoying as I love my C2!

Here is a link to the TCC tool thread: http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39678

Here is a link to a skin "Black & White" I did (I want to make some more skins but I need to get my C2 working first!)

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42114

Please Help!!!

Bongo a.k.a. Blam

Last edited by bongo; 05-27-2014 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Changes

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
c2, firmware, freeze, tool