android
Old 04-28-2014, 08:11 PM

Update:

Got myself a Sony NWZ-E474 with the speaker dock for it and use it for few months now. Liking it so far and mostly using it to bring it to work to listen to music at my office.

Got this UMPC today for $150 dollars. In very good condition and was one of my wish list computer to own in my collection. Might consider to upgrade to 7 and remove all the unnecessary stuff on it. Need to research a bit more before I do that.

Last edited by john blade; 04-29-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-30-2014, 01:06 AM

a somewhat silly question: how do you keep your player from falling out of the fiio rubber band bit? O.o I was thinking of getting an E6 (or something newer) but always wondered how it holds a sansa. I plan on going jogging after this weather makes up its mind what season this is spring/summer so I need something I wont have to hold but won't fall off my shorts or disconnect off the sansa.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:55 AM
Administrator

The rubber band provides the tension needed to keep the two together. I've had an amp connected to a Clip and it's clumsy and isn't needed with those headphones but if someone prefers to take away the portability factor that's up to them.

You can save your money if your Clip is loud enough with the headphones you use. Adding an amp doesn't do anything to improve the Clip's very good output. It seems to be one of the things that people do because others are doing it.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
The rubber band provides the tension needed to keep the two together. I've had the amp is clumsy and isn't needed with those headphones but if someone prefers to take away the portability factor that's up to them.

You can save your money if your Clip is loud enough with the headphones you use. Adding an amp doesn't do anything to improve the Clip's very good output. It seems to be one of the things that people do because others are doing it.
thank you I can save the money and buy a good pair of headphones

Old 05-02-2014, 09:40 AM

I gave my Clip+ to someone who really wanted one. I'm now using my phones, tablet and Shuffle for music, the latter of which is now my only DAP.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:38 AM

Oh how I love "Before and After Science"!

Old 05-02-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeven View Post
I gave my Clip+ to someone who really wanted one. I'm now using my phones, tablet and Shuffle for music, the latter of which is now my only DAP.

what is the black/white one on the right?

Old 05-02-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia88 View Post
what is the black/white one on the right?
That's my Xperia SP - it's a white phone:

Last edited by Jeven; 05-02-2014 at 11:33 AM.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:39 PM

One more: All my devices plus the Sony XBA-H1

Old 05-02-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
That's my Xperia SP - it's a white phone:
I meant the screen. From the pic it looks like eink or is that just a camera effect?

Old 05-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia88 View Post
I meant the screen. From the pic it looks like eink or is that just a camera effect?
Camera/post-processing effect.

Old 05-17-2014, 02:49 PM

HD 419 for $40 had to try them at that price

Old 05-18-2014, 08:08 AM

I got a snap-on white case for the iPhone. The Momentum i-controls work fine with Play Music:

Old 05-18-2014, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Nice looking add on. I like that it has a bit of a roughened surface. More grip without going for the bulkiness of some one of the armor type cases I'm guessing?

I wish there were more headphones that had proper controls for android phones. The ones that work at all usually have limited function. Apple having a standard for headphone makers to work with lets them take greater control without worrying about having returns due to them being incompatible due to differences caused by the phone or android version.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Nice looking add on. I like that it has a bit of a roughened surface. More grip without going for the bulkiness of some one of the armor type cases I'm guessing?

I wish there were more headphones that had proper controls for android phones. The ones that work at all usually have limited function. Apple having a standard for headphone makers to work with lets them take greater control without worrying about having returns due to them being incompatible due to differences caused by the phone or android version.

Yes it's very grippy and is just a light snap-on, I really didn't want the bulk of an armor case. Was £7 from a kiosk which wasn't too bad.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Pandora running on the 520 playing through the HD25-1 II.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I got a snap-on white case for the iPhone. The Momentum i-controls work fine with Play Music:
As much as many people dislike the practices of Apple, their devices really are nice pieces of kit. My 4th and 5th gen Touches sound as good as any players I have heard, although if bought brand new they are certainly pricey.
(I paid $285 or so for the 4th gen one a few years back).

No Google Play music app in the WP store, although I am not terribly surprised by that.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Nice looking combo, Marv. The headphones contrasted against the Lumia have a retro\modern effect that works for me.

Unless something has changed since I last checked I wouldn't expect to find much in music apps in the Windows store. Apparently developers don't like what you need to do to create an app or get it added there.

Edit:

There seems to have been a change. I didn't see MediaMonkey or VLC listed on the Windows app store last time I checked. MediaMonkey says it has volume leveling and a equalizer. Might be worth checking.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:00 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Nice looking combo, Marv. The headphones contrasted against the Lumia have a retro\modern effect that works for me.

Unless something has changed since I last checked I wouldn't expect to find much in music apps in the Windows store. Apparently developers don't like what you need to do to create an app or get it added there.

Edit:

There seems to have been a change. I didn't see MediaMonkey or VLC listed on the Windows app store last time I checked. MediaMonkey says it has volume leveling and a equalizer. Might be worth checking.
Sadly, as far as I can tell, MM is an app available for Windows 8 or 8.1, but not Windows Phone 8....maybe that will change when the WP 8.1 update rolls out.

So what I did is take my shuffle mix and with foobar, applied track gain directly to the tracks....so I can shuffle without fear of being blasted out on a song transition. Individual albums I will just leave as is, at this point.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Less than optimal but that's pretty much what I do with my Sony and Cowon. Fortunately they both have custom EQ so as long as the files are volume leveled I can get the sound I want without having to manually adjust the volume.

Somebody at Microsoft needs to get the finger out and get on making decent sound apps available. Shame to put the hardware for good audio in place and not have the software available to allow users to adjust the sound to their taste.

I'm not optimistic about that. They never did it for the Zune so they may still not see it as being important enough to invest what's needed to allow flexibility in audio customization.

What about gapless playback with the files that support that? Is it working? If it does is it true gapless or the guess ahead type that sometime leaves little gaps?

Tags
audio pron, daps, images, photos, pictures