android
Old 03-11-2014, 11:34 AM

Question Dude, Should I Get Another X9 ???

Hey Everyone! Long-time member here, but haven't posted here in eons!

So, 3 months ago I got me an X9, and I LOVED it! Main thing that made me choose the X9 was the phenomenal battery run-time (They claim 110 hours per charge...it was more like 60....with 128K mp3 files on shuffle, with the EQ heavily tweaked + BBE- running on continuous loop at night, without touching the controls- which was O-K....until recently, when, being used under the exact same conditions, it's now getting less than 28 hours out of a charge- which is unacceptable.

Cowon's tech support is useless and time-consuming- but luckily, I purchased my X9 from Amazon, and even though it's been nearly 90 days, they're taking it back![Hurray!]

My dilemma: Do I try another X9 and hope for better results; or do I look for something else? If something else, what? I want something with mucho battery run-time, like the X9, and full-featured customizable EQ/BBE/etc. And something with decent volume, like the X9.

What I really loved about the X9, is that it is essentially just a music player (A very full-featured one!) and that is what I want- JUST a music player. I don't care about video or games or "apps"- and I really don't want Android or WiFi or any of that nonsense (I HATE cell phones/smartphones, and don't want a player which is going to mimic one!)

I just want a great-sounding music player with a long play-time. I don't care how huge it is.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Idears[sic]?

Like I said, I loved the X9- but with the fast deterioration of the battery, and Cowon's horrible support, I'm kinda a-scared to get another.... but looking around, there don't seem to be a whole lot of other worthy replacements, unless I am missing something???

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-11-2014, 05:36 PM

I'm selling one in the classifieds It's still mint if you're interested.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:28 AM

Meh... Used would be a good option if they didn't go for so much...but for a few bucks more, I can get new with a warranty. (I normally don't care about warranties...but this is one category of items where a warranty is important, 'cause ya never know when these things, just out-of-the-blue, will crap-out.)

I have a feeling I will be getting another X9 though. Looking around, I see nothing else that has the combination of long battery life and tactile buttons for all the common functions. Methinks the DAP market is going to Hades, what with everyone just listening on their phones and tablets....