android
Old 03-06-2014, 12:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Have you tried to just fold and tie with tape the Fiio cable into a smaller size? That iBasso cable looks actually kind of bulky compared to the Fiio even if the length between jacks is shorter.

Bussied myself with an example, havn't got much else to do while trying to download a whole game in one evening :P

Step 1: :'(

Step 2: Ready for Head-fi.

I mean ultimately you could do a whole lot better with a black cable, and maybe some Nylon braid and a few zip ties... or something better, like time and commitment

Last edited by Jack4L; 03-06-2014 at 01:12 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I actually love that, never thought about doing something like that. I'm trying to workout what you have concealing the cables? Shiny metal looking fabric?

Old 03-10-2014, 08:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

That's just some cable braid, which is maybe a few sizes too small for this, as it shows through too clearly. Salvaged it off a fancy old CPU power source that went bust, and I think this piece was originally used on a 1mm thick wire so it's stretched to about as large a size as it can be, still shows how flexible the stuff can be!

It's not very pretty, trust me but it's more of a concept and with better materials like the nylon braid, you could arrive to better results. If you don't have any nylon braid lying around, you can basically salvage an old hoodie draw string, or maybe a thick shoelace, as long as it's a cylindrical piece of lace and not a flat tape style lace.