android
Old 02-09-2014, 03:59 PM

Default Transferring Music to SDHC Card Cowon D2

Looking to transfer music files only to the SD card on my Cowon D2 (8gb) and not the internal memory...what folder should be used? Was thinking of transferring to the "flash" folder?

Last edited by wilkes5; 02-09-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-09-2014, 04:29 PM

also hoping for a quick summary of upgrades to download (if any) and how to use my 32 gb sd card as well (how to get around the 4000 file limit? = as easy as different folders?)

Last edited by wilkes5; 02-09-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Create a "Music" folder on the SDHC card and transfer all the music files there. As simple as that!!!

And welcome aboard!!!

Old 02-09-2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Create a "Music" folder on the SDHC card and transfer all the music files there. As simple as that!!!

And welcome aboard!!!
not sure how to do such? can you step by step. whenever connect the cowon and view it's contents, it gives like 6 folders...
MUSIC/FLASH/VIDEO...etc.

is "FLASH" the sd folder?

how did you come by your nickname? trying to have a current prayer for all evil to unexsist in hopes hell wouldn't exsist to begin with. lol.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:23 AM

subconscious check

Old 02-10-2014, 12:30 PM

is "FLASH" the sd folder?

Old 02-10-2014, 01:02 PM
Administrator

The Flash folder is for Flash apps. The Music folder you said is one of 6 you already have is where you put your music files.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
The Flash folder is for Flash apps. The Music folder you said is one of 6 you already have is where you put your music files.

how do you suppose to put files only on the sdhc card? just fill the music folder to the max, then pop in the sd card, and wa la?

Old 02-11-2014, 12:25 PM
Administrator

I'm not understanding your difficulty putting files where you want them so it would be best if you described what you're doing now. It seems as if you want to have one memory filled and then automatically have any additional files placed on the other memory. Is that what you're trying to do? If that's the case there's no way to do that easily I know.

I don't have the D2 but I've never read anything that indicates it's any different than other players that have internal and external memories. There's no out the box software that is able to tell when one memory space is full and then place the rest on the other with of any of those.

I have seen combinations of scripts and file sync software that can do that. For my purposes the setup was overly complex and the need for the software to fully examine the contents of both memories every time you added files meant adding a new album could take hours. I said to heck with that and put my absolute favorites on the internal memory and the rest on the card.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:46 PM

ok dudes....let me break it down step by step...

1 plug the Cowon D2 via usb cord to the computer

2 the computer asks "what to do" and the "open folder" option is selected

3 under the D2 folder is a list of subfolders AUDIBLE, FLASH, MUSIC,
PICTURES, RECORD, VIDEO, SYSTEM, and TEXT

4 usually the "MUSIC" folder is opened and music files are dragged and dropped into it to store music on the Cowon D2. It works currently and it's pretty easy and straight forward to use.

my question is how to store on the sdhc card ONLY. now, if another folder exsisted like "external drive" or "SD CARD", it seems it would be easy just to drag and drop files into it. but it seems the D2 must automatically store on the sd card ounce the various folders are filled up with media (picture, music, video, etc)

logically?...the only way to fill the sd card would be to fill up the D2's internal memory (8gb), then add files for it to be stored on the sd card...

Old 02-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Administrator

It's Windows, not the player opening that menu. That will continue to open even if the player were full to the brim until you stop it.

Either disable Autorun in Windows or pick Do Nothing as the default action and save that. You could also just close that window and open Explorer to put the files where you want.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:26 PM

thank you for your patience

using ubuntu 12.04 (believe it's 12 or something) so...

wouldn't know where to look if the "do nothing" option was selected. maybe look in "home" or something in ubuntu?

can you colaborate if the D2 stores on the sd card automatically? anybody?

Old 02-11-2014, 11:31 PM

for fun and laughter what is about to be written...(don't take it to heart)

don't want to be rude, unless it's called for (you know how some people like to buck around with other people, right?)

but don't understand how nobody couldn't know the answer to my question? especiailly in a forum specific to Cowon D2 players

HOW THE BUCK DO YOU STORE MUSIC ON THE SD CARD (STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE)

Old 02-11-2014, 11:39 PM

ALSO, to the engineers of the COWON...

an option to adjust the gain of each individual song (and store each individual song's gain setting on the player) would be great...(something like easymp3gain with the "lossless" technology would be great)

a manual option to set when you play each song to adjust when you 1st hear it, then, when relaxing and listening for song to song, you wouldn't come across a freaking EAR BLOWING loud gain on a certain song

hope my prayers are answered. hope maybe easymp3gain's creator and Cowon tech go out on a date or something.... don't say nothing DARKSIDE. lol.

does anybody know any professional software which will adjust gain losslessly (manually/automatically) like easymp3gain.

***used easymp3gain, however, it failed to adjust some songs automatically so...still had variences in gain which hurts my ears. maybe someone could shed some light on how to adjust manually easymp3gain?

Last edited by wilkes5; 02-11-2014 at 11:57 PM.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:36 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkes5 View Post
for fun and laughter what is about to be written...(don't take it to heart)

don't want to be rude, unless it's called for (you know how some people like to buck around with other people, right?)

but don't understand how nobody couldn't know the answer to my question? especiailly in a forum specific to Cowon D2 players

HOW THE BUCK DO YOU STORE MUSIC ON THE SD CARD (STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE)

Old 02-12-2014, 03:47 AM
Administrator

Nice try Marv but they're using Ubuntu Linux. That's not what they'll see. They're no drive letters in Linux. Also if you don't have the right packages installed and are trying to connect in MTP DAPs present much differently than what the do in Windows.

Forums are comprised of people who have a interest in common that gather to discuss that interest. Interest in an older player like the D2 has died so the people who once gathered here have moved on. Unlike verbal discussions they've left an archive that can be researched by someone interested in that subject.

Research being the operative word here. There's lots of info here but you'll have to dig it out.

The search engine on the site isn't very good so I google it from the outside when I'm searching. Using the search terms "Linux Cowon D2 anythingbutipod" the first hit gives me this results page. https://www.google.com/search?q=Linu...ient=firefox-a

The first link there seems to be looking for what's being asked here. The answer given is that the D2 needs to be mounted in Linux as a MSC device to deal with the external card.

Reading through the first thread linked I see advice on how to mount the card. Exactly how that's done is likely to have changed some since Linux distros will have changed but the concepts should still be the same.

I also see the warnings that using a *Nix OS with a D2 can be problematic. Cowon firmware updates since then may have help with that, idk.

There's a fair chance what you want is either here or over at iAudiophile. There may be someone who visits either here or there that remembers the info you need. Considering no one that has a D2 and is using Linux has responded so far it'll probably be faster if you search and dig it out.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:00 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Nice try Marv but they're using Ubuntu Linux. That's not what they'll see. They're no drive letters in Linux. Also if you don't have the right packages installed and are trying to connect in MTP DAPs present much differently than what the do in Windows.
My bad. I didn't start at the beginning of the thread so I didn't catch the Linux bit.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
My bad. I didn't start at the beginning of the thread so I didn't catch the Linux bit.
very good work. seems pretty simple in windows. lol, do you guys see how it was frustrating to me? it's been like such freakin like my whole life. getting math professors in college to cut to the crap and give "step by step" the procedures to work problems.

might be up to me to try and figure linux (ubuntu) out.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Nice try Marv but they're using Ubuntu Linux. That's not what they'll see. They're no drive letters in Linux. Also if you don't have the right packages installed and are trying to connect in MTP DAPs present much differently than what the do in Windows........

not too much of a lazy bum. if could do everything myself, would. would like to completely independent and self reliant (maybe a space ship tomohawking around the sun or something).

you do have a point about learning technology however. it should have been something to learn by me a long time ago. My age is 28. Don't really feel like looking into the electronics or software code. Looking at books and stuff seems a waste. Hands on learning and good azz teachers with give good (simple, step by step) notes would be cool.

thanks Marvin the Martian and skipper (but not too much, you guys should always pray and want what is right.)