Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2014, 01:23 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I fully charged and turned the player off at 2:20pm on Tuesday. I turned it back on and did the same test as before (full volume, shuffle all, mix of bitrate mp3 files) today at 2:20pm (Friday, a full 72hrs sitting in the drawer discharging.). It conked out of battery life at 6:10pm, 3hrs 50mins total runtime, indeed less than the 5hrs gotten twice previously.
It's important to note that both previous tests that got 5hrs the player sat in the drawer overnight (after being fully charged) before starting the test but did indeed get a another additional quick charge before running the tests. This quick charge saw the player take 20mins before moving from red (needing charge) to green (fully charged). It could be that those 20mins account for the missing 1hr 10mins, after all it takes 1.5hrs to fully charge. It could be discharging very quickly (within 10hrs or overnght) and then not much more no matter how long u leave it (well within reason...)

PS, can someone move this to Mp3 Player Reviews or is it not worthy lol?
SOURCE: Xclef (gone) | Cowon X5(gone) | Cowon D2 (dead) | Sansaclip+ RB | Sansa ClipZip RB | Cowon i9+ (32gb) | Cowon C2 (4gb)
HPs: Soundmagic E10's | Hippo VB's | UE 600's | Superlux HD 668B | Superlux HD660 | Sony XBA3 | Sony XBA2VP