android
Old 01-22-2014, 09:23 AM

Default Best earphones for Sansa Clip+?

The earphones i got with my sansa broke. I dont know any good brands of earphones for sansa. I read that the sound quality will change if i get better earphones.

Are sennheisers any good? I need something cheap and not very expensive.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-22-2014, 09:35 AM

I'd recommend a set of SoundMAGIC E10. You can get a set of open box ones from Micca store for $19.95 with free shipping. They come with a full warranty.
http://www.miccastore.com/open-box-s...nes-p-104.html
SoundMAGIC has several great sets of low cost IEMS. I have had experience with the E10, the E30, and the PL30, and they are all great.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:37 AM
Administrator

In general the answer is "Whatever set you like that you can afford". There aren't a set I'd consider best because the Clip+ handles just about anything you connect to it. The Clip+ works well with just about every set of headphones I have. The only ones that it doesn't are relatively high impedance and not very sensitive. They still sound very good but they could be a little louder at times.

What you've heard about the SQ changing with better headphones is dead on. If you haven't heard your Clip+ through a decent set of headphones you haven't heard all it can do. The included earbuds aren't horrible but they don't do it justice.

So lets have it, Budget? In ears? Ear buds? On ears? Over Ears? Open? Closed? I think you see where I'm going with this. More info means better answers.

If it's ear buds like the ones that come with the Clip+ I can't really help with those. I've never been able to get them to stay in so I went to in-ears (IEMs).

As for Senn IEMs I have the CX300 and the CX200. I prefer the CX200 for better fit and tonal balance. The CX300 have a "J" type yoke that won't let me wear them over ears comfortably. They are also much too bassy for my taste. The CX200 have the "Y" connection and have a good thump but it's not so much it overpowers the rest like the CX300.

I also have the E10 and have no problem recommending them. What they offer in terms of performance for the price is very good, imo. They've got a nice balance of sound and comfort that have me use them more than any others.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

When you add a pair of good phones to your music, it's as if the music opens up for you, expanding in the quality of the sound.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerman View Post
When you add a pair of good phones to your music, it's as if the music opens up for you, expanding in the quality of the sound.
QFT I was the poster boy for buying different players looking for better sound quality. Best thing that ever happened was when the only stock buds I had with me broke and the only thing I could afford was a set of Koss IEMs on clearance.

Once I figured out how to get a good seal I discovered that there was BASS!!! I had never heard before in my music. Not just bass but glorious treble and sweet mids. All the EQ fiddling and tweaking I had been doing had been pointless because there wasn't anything to bring the adjustments accurately to my ears.

I still have them and give them a listen every once in a while. Not for too long because they're actually pretty poor. They still kick any stock bud I've heard square in the tail. Best $4 I've ever spent on audio equipment.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

What always impresses me with good phones is that the spatial depth of the music opens up, almost as if the music sound before was a baseball and now is a football, expanding on both sides and from front to back as well. I'm not sure exactly what the cause is (greater treble? greater bass? more sound separation?), but it can feel like going into a well-designed orchestral hall--that dramatic, even with phones that aren't stellar in cost.

The best thing for people would be, invest in a nice, standard set of phones--the best decision I ever made, in my descent into the den of headphone-dom. (And manufacturers, save the money and stop including "throw-away" phones with your audio players--save the money to improve the players.) We now are in such fortunate times, when good phones no longer have to cost over $100 and hundreds of dollars (although the sound from many of those may be incredible)--and many people will recommend nice phones that cost much less.

Last edited by Mikerman; 01-22-2014 at 09:02 PM.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawningistheday View Post
I'd recommend a set of SoundMAGIC E10. You can get a set of open box ones from Micca store for $19.95 with free shipping. They come with a full warranty.
http://www.miccastore.com/open-box-s...nes-p-104.html
SoundMAGIC has several great sets of low cost IEMS. I have had experience with the E10, the E30, and the PL30, and they are all great.
I converted that to my currency and its a little over my budget. Around $14 would be great (if possible). And it doesnt ship in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
In general the answer is "Whatever set you like that you can afford". There aren't a set I'd consider best because the Clip+ handles just about anything you connect to it. The Clip+ works well with just about every set of headphones I have. The only ones that it doesn't are relatively high impedance and not very sensitive. They still sound very good but they could be a little louder at times.
Around $14 if possible. But its hard to say my budget cause i have different currency. Just regular earphones. In-ear is fine but im fine with the.. i dont know what its called.. the normal earphones?
Ok i dont know anything about headphones and such so I dont know what youre saying. But all i know is the best kind is Sennheiser?? Is that true?

Yes im so curious on what it would sound like with a good headphones. My friends keep on saying that i should buy better quality headphones but i just dont see the point.

edit: Oh i want something that will last by the way. Mine always break in months. But this samsung earphone that came with my phone is still working.

edit: reading all your posts about investing on good headphones really got me thinking what it would sound like. I never tried any good qualiity headphones before. (or i just dont know what a good sound quality sounds like)

Last edited by jeffmangum; 01-22-2014 at 09:08 PM.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

jeffmangum...

might help to know where you live.

Steve

Old 01-22-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
jeffmangum...

might help to know where you live.

Steve
Philippines

Old 01-22-2014, 10:53 PM
Administrator

Hard for anyone here to know what's available there. If you post some models of different ones that fit your price range it's likely someone here will be able to give you an opinion based on their experience with them.

Be sure to include the model numbers. Just "Sennheiser" isn't enough. If you google Sennheiser CX200 or Sennheiser CX300 you'll see that they are close but not the same thing. A link to the makers site or Amazon would also make it easier for someone to know just which model you're thinking about getting.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Hard for anyone here to know what's available there. If you post some models of different ones that fit your price range it's likely someone here will be able to give you an opinion based on their experience with them.

Be sure to include the model numbers. Just "Sennheiser" isn't enough. If you google Sennheiser CX200 or Sennheiser CX300 you'll see that they are close but not the same thing. A link to the makers site or Amazon would also make it easier for someone to know just which model you're thinking about getting.
Ok just tell me what brands are considered to be good. Sennheiser? Panasonic? Sony? And what model would be cheap and has a good sound quality?

Old 01-23-2014, 09:25 AM

Hey, I just bought a set of SoundMAGIC E30 from a Chinese seller on ebay for $25. They were listed as Buy It Now or Best Offer, with free worldwide shipping, so I offered $25 and got them. Assuming they're legit, that's a steal and well worth raising your $14 max in my opinion. Of course the legitimacy thing is a big assumption and we'll see when they arrive (which will probably be 2-3 weeks from now). I'll let you know.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmangum View Post
Ok just tell me what brands are considered to be good. Sennheiser? Panasonic? Sony? And what model would be cheap and has a good sound quality?
So you pretty much just ignored everything skip252 asked of you...

The problem with recommending a brand is that most manufacturers make good and bad models of headphones, so simply throwing out a company's name isn't going to do you much good. Add to that the fact that no one else here knows what specific models are available in the Philippines, and how much they cost you locally, and we really can't help without some more input on your end.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:49 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Headphone quality is fairly subjective so its tough to say what any individual will like.

Old 01-23-2014, 02:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
Headphone quality is fairly subjective so its tough to say what any individual will like.
Yeah, that too.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Too true. All anyone can do is try to relay their experiences. After that each person has to do some experimenting to find the style and sound sig that works for them.

About the most extreme example I've come across is a guy that was upset beyond belief when his Sony MDR V150 couldn't be repaired anymore. I won't listen to them for more than a few minutes but they sound great to him. I let him use some of mine I liked that sound much better to me but he just doesn't like any of them.

He tracked down a set and bought an extra just in case those ever go bad. Works for him so it works for me.

The reason I said what I did about posting specific examples is just what epithetless said. You really can't just go by manufacturer. I've had Sennheiser that I didn't like for both sound and comfort reasons. I've had others that I won't part with because they sound great and I can wear them for hours with zero discomfort.

The same for availability. There's been more than once that someone has recommended something that's dead cheap here that cost a fortune where the person that was looking for a recommendation lived. No sense in spending time recommending a model that is too far outside your budget to be practical.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:07 PM

Ok just recommend good earphones that is considered to have a good quality that arent too expensive. You dont need to consider if its available here or not.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Ok just recommend good earphones that is considered to have a good quality that arent too expensive. You dont need to consider if its available here or not.
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ead.php?t=8404.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:40 AM

philips she 3580/3590

Old 01-24-2014, 07:38 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Philippines
Your in Philippines Right ???

Tagalog
Kapatid pumunta ka sa Egghead Audio sa may Robinson's Galleria marami kang
pagpipilian dun mga staff dun ang magbibigay ng mas magandang suhestyon sa pagpili ng magandang earphone.

English
Brother go to Egghead Audio at Robinson's Galleria (LGF Near CameraHaus to be Exact) There is a wiiiiddddeee selection of earphones for you too choose from the staff are expert there so give a shot ok?

btw I got all my audiophiles there (meem6) ;-)

See Image Below and youll never get lost